[Nfbc-info] Update on Jim Willows

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 3 21:17:35 UTC 2012

Hello All:
I thought I might take a moment to say thank you to all of the people who
have sent good wishes, thoughts and prayers for Jim's recovery from lung
cancer.  As of this week, Jim has had four cycles of chemo therapy.  So far,
he is feeling fine.  The Oncologist says that he is getting through this
like a mack truck.  His appetite is good and he is experiencing minimal side
effects.  Those of us who know Jim tease that he is the man of steel and he
is keeping true to form.

While Jim is undergoing his chemo treatments I am continuing to work at the
California School for the Blind.  I am teaching full-time.  Jim has a
caregiver who takes him to his appointments and makes sure he eats and
drinks plenty during the day.  This has been a great help to me as I
continue to teach and run the affiliate.  I just want to make sure that you
know that our door is always open for help and information about the
National Federation of the Blind and you can feel free to call our home
whenever you need or want assistance or information.  Jim and I have always
found strength and support in our Federation family and this time is no
exception.

The affiliate phone number is our home phone number which is still the same
as when Jim was the affiliate president.  That is (925) 462-8575 and my cell
phone number is (925) 895-2778.
Don't be shy.  One of us will return your call as soon as we can.

Yours in the movement-
Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net