[Nfbc-info] A few short days to register for Breaking Down Barriers!

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Mon Sep 10 23:41:18 UTC 2012

Hello everyone:

                The California Association of Blind Students Breaking Down
Barriers seminar is less than two weeks away! This seminar is free of
charge, and lunch is provided.

When? Friday, September 21, 10 AM to 5 PM.

Where, Sacramento State University, Student Union, Orchard Suite.

This seminar will feature a variety of exciting presentations. We will
discuss resources such as Learning Alli and Bookshare which allow blind
students to independently access textbooks in Braille, electronic and audio
format. We will have a presentation about Goalball, as well as several
hands-on chemistry demonstrations lead by a blind chemist. We will have
presentations on the latest in access technology, as well as give students
the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the technology itself.

Registration will begin at 10 AM, and there will be time to mix, mingle and
browse the exhibits. The program will start at 11, and end at 5.

                To RSVP, please visit

http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1248586-AeMtSgI3qc

and fill out the short registration form. You can also contact me at the
information provided below.

Please RSVP by Friday, September 14. I look forward to seeing you at the
Breaking Down Barriers Seminar!

Sincerely,

Angela Fowler (president)

California Association of Blind Students

Cell: (530) 902-0987

Email: fowlers at syix.com