[Nfbc-info] FW: Senate Action on Space Available Legislation

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Mon Jun 17 21:16:29 UTC 2013

Subject: Senate Action on Space Available Legislation

	Good Afternoon All,

      I have just learned from Senator Tester's office that the Senate will
not be considering the National Defense Authorization Act for at least the
next two weeks.  Senator Tester is committed to offering S 346 as an
amendment when the bill is on the floor.  We must take advantage of this
time to add additional cosponsors to S 346.  The more cosponsors we have the
more Senator Tester will be able to argue for floor time for this amendment.
We currently have 14 Cosponsors on this legislation;  I have listed them
below.  If your Senators are not listed please urge your affiliates to reach
out to their offices and urge them to support this legislation.  You should
mention that a bipartisan group of 166 House members, 94 Republicans-72
Democrats, were signed on in support of the House legislation when it was
incorporated to the National Defense Authorization Act.  We expect Senators
to show their support for disabled service men and women by adding their
names as cosponsors of S 346.  Your Senator can be added to S 346 by
contacting Kellin Clark in Senator Tester's office.  Please let me know if
you have any questions, and I will do my best to answer them.  I appreciate
all of your hard work, and I look forward to seeing you all in Florida in a
couple of weeks.  Jesse

Senator Tester, Montana, Sponsor of S. 346 Cosponsors Senator Baucus,
Montana Senator Blunt, Missouri SenatorCantwell, Washington Senator Cardin,
Maryland Senator Gillibrand, New York Senator Heitkamp, North Dakota Senator
Heller, Nevada Senator Tim Johnson, South Dakota Senator Landrieu, Louisiana
Senator Manchin, West Virginia Senator Merkley, Oregon Senator Murray,
Washington Senator Schatz, Hawaii Senator Wyden, Oregon