[Nfbc-info] FW: Ambassadors Committee Update

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 29 21:25:57 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Burke [mailto:burke.dall at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 7:54 PM
To: KYLE22 at MAC.COM; L.SILKEY at COX.NET; LARRY62 at DISHMAIL.NET;
LAURA.L.BOSTICK at GMAIL.COM; Blake, Lou Ann; LCHES at SBCGLOBAL.NET;
LEE7391 at ATT.NET; State President, Maine; LESEBRANEK at Q.COM;
LGALLANO at DHS.HAWAII.GOV; LHR1827 at OPTONLINE.NET; LINDSEYM1 at VERIZON.NET;
LIZNGRAVES at GMAIL.COM; LMARTINEZ217 at GMAIL.COM; LMCQUILLAN at COMCAST.NET;
LMILLINER at EARTHLINK.NET; LMM3527 at AOL.COM; loiscares898 at yahoo.com;
LORISTAY at AOL.COM; LORIVANLENT at HOTMAIL.COM; lpovinelli at aol.com;
lras at sprynet.com; Rovig, Lorraine; LSMARTIN at UTAH.GOV; LSMARTIN351 at MSN.COM;
LUSERO at ATTGLOBAL.NET; LUSI98 at NC.RR.COM; LYNNELAINE2 at VERIZON.NET;
MADISON_TEWE at SPINN.NET; MAKWTREBELHORN at CHARTER.NET; MARCUS.SCHMIDT at APS.COM;
MARGARET.PAVITHRAN at GMAIL.COM; MARIAMORAIS at BELLSOUTH.NET;
MARIECOBB at VERIZON.NET; MARKEE.NOBLE at EARTHLINK.NET; MARSHY78 at COX.NET;
MARTINEZ4591 at HOTMAIL.COM; MARY.JO.PARTYKA at DHS.STATE.NJ.US;
maryellethompson008 at comcast.net; MARYWURTZEL at ATT.NET; MBDEBUS at YAHOO.COM;
MCHACON at ADAMS50.ORG; MCIKEYC at AOL.COM; Dyer, Marsha; MEDINASTAX at YAHOO.COM;
MELEAHHEATHER at GMAIL.COM; MENTINK at FRONTIERNET.NET; MEWHALEN at GMAIL.COM;
MFREHOLM at UNBRIDLEDACCESS.COM; Gosse, Mike; MGRUNWALD at SBCGLOBAL.NET;
MHANSEN4 at GMAIL.COM; MHOBAN at COCENTER.ORG; MICHAEL.B.FLOYD at GMAIL.COM; State
President, Iowa; MIKABAUGH at YAHOO.COM; MIKE.GIBSON71 at GMAIL.COM;
MIKE.HARVEY149 at GMAIL.COM; mike at mello.com; mildredrivera at yahoo.com;
MILT2533 at GMAIL.COM; MINDYJOY at NYC.RR.COM; Jernigan, Mary Ellen;
MJHARTLE23 at GMAIL.COM; MLLATHAM at SVSU.EDU; MLWARTENBEE at GMAIL.COM;
MOGMEL at EARTHLINK.NET; MOSSC at MICHIGAN.GOV; MOSSRL at YAHOO.COM;
MOTA1252 at GMAIL.COM; MPESKOE at INSIGHTBB.COM; MRDURBIN at COX.NET; Riccobono,
Mark; MSC732 at OPTONLINE.NET; MSJENNIFERKENNEDY at GMAIL.COM;
MSOULSBY at SUDDENLINK.NET; MSTRACKS at ATLANTICBB.NET; mtc5 at cox.net; State
President, California; MWKOGER21 at BELLSOUTH.NET; mwroane at mindspring.com;
NADINE.JACOBSON at Q.COM; nancylc at sprynet.com; NANCYYEAGER542 at VERIZON.NET;
State President, Hawaii; NATE.CREER at YMAIL.COM; NATEWALES at YAHOO.COM;
ndgbaker at 1411west.com; newmanrl at cox.net; NFB.ARKANSAS at SBCGLOBAL.NET; State
President, Tennessee; State President, New Jersey; NFBSC at SC.RR.COM;
NICKYCOLORADO at NETSCAPE.NET; NIKKIJ84 at GMAIL.COM; NJP at INSIGHTBB.COM;
noaprlfoo at aol.com
Subject: Ambassadors Committee Update

Dear Ambassadors:

Thanks to all of you who have e-mailed and called with questions, pledges to
help out, or to say you won't be able to attend the 2013 Convention next
week.  This is an answer to all of you with whom I have been unable to
respond personally, and general info for the rest.
 If you can't make the convention, you can disregard the rest.

The National Federation of the Blind runs on the energy, enthusiasm and
compassion of its volunteer members.  Each year at Convention all that
energy becomes intensely focused for six days, and it depends on capable and
willing volunteers to step in and make our organization function and
succeed.  The Ambassadors provide the framework for that mighty machinery
that is the Federation to do its magic.

First, there will be an Ambassadors meeting on Monday night at 9 p.m.
It will be held in Salon 17, Level Two.  For those who can't make it, my
summary is below. Please keep in mind that I haven't been on site, but will
have spent Sunday and Monday reconnoitering the hotel.

1.	We will need from 8 to 10 Marshalls on General Session days. These
will likely need to be posted on Level Two crossing the sky walk, at the
down escalator and Grand Staircase, as well as on Level One outside of the
elevators. Finally, we'll need some Marshalls outside the Convention
Ballroom calling people in.  This number could be shy by a few.
2.	Prior to General Session days, Marshalls at the escalators and
Grand Staircase will be useful, as will Marshalls for some of the bigger
meetings on Level Two and Level One.
3.	Virginia is coordinating shuttle services between the Rosen Plaza
and the Rosen Center where all convention activities occur.  Marshalls from
the drop-off point to the convention center doors will be useful.
If you're traveling back and forth yourself, this may be a great place to
provide a few minutes of marshaling each day.
4.	Banquet is its own animal. We'll discuss it on Monday night, and
plans will unfold as the week progresses.

As Dr. Maurer's appointment letter indicates, we look for problems and step
in to address them.  That definitely applies to marshaling.  If you find a
need and can give five, ten or thirty minutes, please do
so, and thanks!    You can easily do a little to help make the
convention a little better for a lot of people.

My cell number is 406.546.8546.  Call or text if you run into specific
problems throughout the week that the Ambassadors should address.  And see
you in Orlando!

Dan Burke

--
Dan Burke