[Nfbc-info] March Events with the national Federation of the Blind of California, San Francisco chapter

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 19:18:38 UTC 2013

Greetings all,

On Saturday  March  16th, the  national Federation of the Blind of
California, San Francisco chapter will be holding  a series of events
which we  are
very excited about and invite  you to be a  part of.

 At 1 p.m. at the lighthouse for the blind    and visually impaired
of san francisco  on 214 van ness avenue, we will have our monthly
chapter meeting.
 at this meeting  we will talk about  recent legislative  news taking
place  effecting the  blind and   have  a presentation from  a blind
sculpture artist.

 We will also hold chapter elections.  This is a perfect time for you
to take those wonderfully creative talents, great ideas and dormant
leadership skills
and use them  to positivly impact the lives of the blind and visually
impaired via the exciting and rewarding  work  that is done through
the work of  the National Federation of the  Blind.
  After the meeting ends at 3, we  will socialize  for  a little bit
and then make our way to  Chevy's Fresh Mex restaurant for our
social/fundraiser/open
house (it's not an open house in that we meet at chevy's, but you get the idea).

 at this event , we will  talk about youth programs, scholarships and
leadership opportunities    that are offered via the National
Federation of the Blind
and will talk about some great networking opportunities  for the
blind/visually impaired  at our  State Convention in Sacramento and
our National Convention
in Orlando.
 if you dine with us at this event(print this  flyer and present to
your surver  https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3822773/Making%20Connections%20and%20Making%20a%20Difference%20nfbcsf%20chevy%27s%20flyer.doc),
a portion  of the proceeds will go directly to the San Francisco
chapter, which supports and  advocates for the blind
of  San francisco, including  blind and visually impaired  youth and
their families.
  Should you have any questions  about the chapter  or  the upcoming
events, please feel free to contact me at  either (415) 215-9809  or
dsmithnfb at gmail.com
  Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
    Sincerely,
   Darian

--
Darian Smith
president, national Federation of the Blind of California - San

Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund
via your phone bill.

The time is now to eliminate Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities

http://www.nfb.org/fairwages

“We know not of our future, but we know of our past. A past that is
made up of our ancestor’s Dreams, their stories and hopes.
These sights once seen, sounds heard and emotions felt are now our
knowledge. The knowledge that guides us to this very moment…”
-Darian Smith