[Nfbc-info] FW: [Cabs-talk] Information Needed : San Jose Vision Services

Miguel Mendez miguelmendez7 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 02:40:39 UTC 2013

Hello my Federation family, I feel this individual has been given
information that is not correct, and I'd like to help him [her?] as much as
possible. The following was posted on the CABS listserv today. I told him
that it is not the norm for blind/visually impaired students to be referred
to a private school merely on the basis of their "disability" and to be told
that the local school district cannot accommodate a blind student. We need
to help correct this problem as soon as possible. Is there anyone in this
individuals local area (San Jose) or anyone else around the state who has
more knowledge in these sorts of matters who can provide information and/or
resources to ensure that his son enjoys a smooth transition from Maryland to
California?

Miguel