[Nfbc-info] White Cane Safety Day

Rochelle Houston rhouston58 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 02:33:34 UTC 2013

Hello All,
The Pathfinder Chapter along with the guiding light Chapter of Los Angeles went out and visited Ever Lee Hairston's Church, Second Baptist church' to spread the word about White Cane Safety Day. They gave us a platform to speak before the congregation. I also spoke on the BELL Program and what it means to us that every blind Child have the tools that are necessary to  succeed in education and take what they've learned and apply it towards higher learning and then a career. We passed out literature about the organization, president Barack Obama's proclamation and vehicle donation stickers. We answered questions, Took pictures and they even had their names written in braille. It was a fun day and I enjoyed it immensely.

Rochelle Houston
rhouston58 at gmail.com