[Nfbc-info] another computer issue

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 17:35:04 UTC 2013

Hello,
In Jaws 13 Freedom scientific added an OCR function. I only have Jaws
11, so have never used it. I've mostly switched to NVDA for everything
because it has more functionality than Jaws 14 and is free. To check out
the addons for NVDA, go to:
http://jeff.vrnw.org/NVDA.htm
and with NVDA running the latest version, click on the addons you would
like and open them any way you would like. They will install and you
have to restart NVDA and you will have them.
The OCR is called NVDA OCR.
Alternatively there are a couple programs from:
http://nonvisualdevelopment.org/
like:
http://nonvisualdevelopment.org/content/powerbasic

If you want a list of the technology you can get from
nonvisualdevelopment go to:
http://empowermentzone.com/
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs