[Nfbc-info] Eyes-Free Text Input on iOS

Ryan Drapeau drapeau at cs.washington.edu
Tue Apr 22 18:01:36 UTC 2014

Hello,

My name is Ryan Drapeau and I’m working with the mobile accessibility group
at the University of Washington. We are looking for volunteers to give us
feedback on an iPhone app that we have been developing. In order to help,
you must be proficient on iOS and you should also know Braille. This can be
done remotely.

The app is called Perkinput. Perkinput is a new way to enter text on your
iPhone or iPad without using a keyboard. Perkinput is based on the Braille
keyboard. After you enter something in the Perkinput app, you can send that
text in an email, a text message, or simply copy the text and paste it in
any other application.

Let me know if you'd be interested in learning more about it or feel free
to download it yourself on the iTunes Store:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/perkinput/id767748170

Best,
Ryan