[Nfbc-info] East Bay Chapter Meeting Reminder + Guest Speaker

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 20:27:59 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Just a friendly reminder about this Thursday's East Bay Chapter
meeting teleconference call at 7 p.m. everyone is invited, even if you
don't live in the East Bay.

Conference Dial-in Number: (712) 432-1500
Participant Access Code: 1082284#

Two important things are happening this Thursday. The first is that we
are having chapter elections. This is a bit tricky because of our new
format. You need to pay dues to vote and not everyone has paid so
please contact me off list to make arrangements before Thursday. I've
got a few ideas on how to make it all work.

secondly, and most importantly, our monthly guest speaker will be
Jessie Lorenz, executive Director of the Independent Living Resource
Center of San Francisco. she will be talking about the local Bay Area
disability community attempt to make BART more accessible. I wrote an
editorial that was published on Beyond Chron that you can read here:
http://www.beyondchron.org/articles/Chronicle_Misrepresents_Disability_Community_Opposition_to_BART_s_New_Cars_12598.html

Otherwise, come one ... come all.

Conference Dial-in Number: (712) 432-1500
Participant Access Code: 1082284#
Yours in the movement,
Lisamaria Martinez, President
East Bay Chapter