[Nfbc-info] question about opportunity to help S. D. chapter

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Tue Aug 5 15:21:19 UTC 2014

Hello All,

I received an E-mail off line. The individual brought a valid point. I would
like to hear from you regarding that point. I see the upside-side and
possibly the down-side.

I included only guide dogs because there is basically no question about the
legitimacy about this category of service dogs. On the other hand, I am
limiting and perhaps nominalizing an otherwise worthy opportunity for
change.

What do you think about including all service dogs? My only concern is
unwittingly including service dogs that don't fit the standards of the
definition of service dogs. I don't want to discredit the NFB. On the other
hand, including more categories of service dogs could solidify concerns in
San Diego about questionable practice of well-meaning bus drivers.

Respectfully,

Lisa Irving