[Nfbc-info] latest and greatest San Diego Chapter happenings

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Sun Aug 10 08:55:38 UTC 2014

Hello Federation family,

I'd like to share with you what our chapter has and will be up to. Last
month and this month chapter members, perspective members, and a couple of
guests have and will attend a variety of outdoor Summer Pops concerts. This
opportunity has been made possible through an on-going donation of
number-specific donated wristbands. On Saturday August 30th our chapter
members can attend the 1812 Overture concert and fireworks show. I am in the
process of putting together a picnic-style supper prior to the concert. I'm
entertaining the idea of a mini treasure hunt.

Last week the Chapter Secretary and I co-facilitated a lively game-style
presentation to a Lions Club. Our Chapter Secretary is the newly elected
Vice President for this particular Lions Club.

Next Saturday our Fundraising Committee is hosting a bake sale. The
Fundraising Chairwoman and her partner have pounded the pavement in order to
make this event successful. She has done an outstanding job securing a
variety of donations.

Toward the end of August President Mary Willows will join our chapter
meeting. I know the State Board has made a huge financial sacrifice to
support our chapter by flying Mary down to San Diego. I am truly thankful
for Mary, the support of the State Board, various chapter presidents and
supportive individuals that aren't known to me or the chapter.

I look forward to sharing future news about the San Diego Chapter. I am
indebted to my Federation family for believing in the potential for each
person in our newly formed chapter. I always welcome hearing about your
experiences, suggestions and straight forward feedback.

Respectfully,

Lisa Irving