[Nfbc-info] FYI FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] WellPoint accessibility

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Sat Aug 30 22:50:29 UTC 2014

From: Nfbnet-members-list [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Danielsen, Chris via Nfbnet-members-list
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 05:41 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] WellPoint accessibility

To blind members of Anthem and Blue Cross, Blue Shield companies owned by
WellPoint:

This message provides information about WellPoint's accessibility initiative
for its blind members.  WellPoint is a national company that owns Anthem,
Blue Cross and Blue Shield operations across the United States.  You can
find out if your state is covered in this post:
http://lflegal.com/2014/07/wellpoint-blue/.

All WellPoint companies are now providing insurance information in
alternative formats, including braille, large print, audio and electronic
formats.  They've also designed their websites and mobile applications to be
accessible. WellPoint worked with blind Blue Cross members in Structured
Negotiations on this initiative, and we encourage people who are blind or
have low vision to take advantage of this new program.

We also need feedback to help make the program as strong as it can be and
generally make sure it is working as it is supposed to.  The best way to
give feedback is to email me at LF at LFLegal.com.  People without email access
can leave a message at 510.548.5062.

Alternative formats can be requested by calling the number on the back of
your health insurance card, or any other number you use to reach a WellPoint
company.

WellPoint is now the industry leader in providing insurance information in
alternative formats.  Please help us spread the word, and please let us know
of your experiences with the new program.

Thanks, Lainey

Lainey Feingold
Law Office of Lainey Feingold
http://lflegal.com/
510.548.5062
LF at LFLegal.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LFLegal

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2330
Mobile: (410) 262-1281
E-mail: cdanielsen at nfb.org

blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund
campaign, please visit www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture