[Nfbc-info] Mike Couey's Memorial Fund

rickwatson1113 at comcast.net rickwatson1113 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 5 16:34:53 UTC 2014

As many of you know on January 22nd Mike Couey passed away unexpectedly at the young age of 59.

Of his 59 years, he gave over 40 of it to the National Federation of the Blind. He was on the corp team in late 90's, early 2000's,building and strengthing our Affliate. He brought a lot of us into the National Federation of the Blind, extending a hand, offering words of encouragement and giving us the hope that many of us needed when we discovered the National Federation of the Blind of California. He was the man smiling at the conventions, welcoming all of us. He touched so many of us. Let's give back to Couey and show our love and appreciation for all the years, dedication and energy he gave. He gave so much to our Affliate, I am asking for all of us to give back, even if only $5.00 or $10.00. If all of us could donate atleast that much, it will help Cat (his girlfriend of nine years and more recently his fiancee) with the cost of his cremation and Celebration of Life. Let's make her hard time a little easier by doing what we can. Please donate to the Michael Couey Memorial Fund. The link for donation's to Mike Couey's Memorial is below. We are sending this out a second time. To date, the donations received does not cover the $659.00 cost for cremation. Please give in rememberance of Mike's dedication  to the National Federation of the Blind of California.

http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1223360-TraWO3zJ8N

Thank You,

Rick Watson