[Nfbc-info] My job/ My vision

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Thu Jan 23 15:06:40 UTC 2014

They should engage in an interactive process to determine reasonable
accommodations.  They might also ask you to be evaluated by a doctor.  If
so, be sure to get a doctor of your choosing and that the doctor understands
your true abilities.  I've seen a number of employment cases go wrong where
an ignorant doctor creates a medical report that basically says the employee
cannot safely do anything including lifting 10 lbs. or walking up stairs.
You need a good, enlightened doctor who is willing to explain the capacity
of blind people to perform tasks with reasonable accommodations if needed.