[Nfbc-info] please join the sfv chapter meeting with special guest speaker, july 12

Racquel Decipeda racquelmd29 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 05:33:50 UTC 2014

whosit_small1San Fernando Valley Chapter

Please join us at our next meeting!

When: Saturday, July 12, 2014 from 10:00am-12:00pm (Please arrive by 9:30)

Where:       Center for the Partially Sighted

18425 Burbank Blvd. Suite 706 (7th floor: conference room)

Tarzana, Ca 91356 (just east of Reseda Blvd)

Mona Curry from Emergency Management Department of L A city is our special
guest speaker this month presenting a workshop on fire, earthquake and
disaster preparedness. Over 4 million residents reside within the City of
Los Angeles' 475 square miles. Los Angeles is prone to 13 of 16 possible
natural and man-made disasters and threats. The most probable and deadliest
is an earthquake. When a family is prepared for a major earthquake, they are
better prepared for other possible disasters. If you plan to attend, please
RSVP using the contact info below since seating is limited.

blindness is not what holds you back.

The mission of the National Federation of the Blind is to achieve widespread
emotional acceptance and intellectual understanding that the real problem of
blindness is not the loss of eyesight but the misconceptions and lack of
information which exist. We do this by bringing blind people together to
share successes, to support each other in times of failure, and to create
imaginative solutions. Membership in the NFB is extremely rewarding because
it opens up a network of unparalleled support, friendship, and resources.
The NFB improves blind people's lives through advocacy, education, research,
technology, and programs encouraging independence and self-confidence.
Anyone and everyone (blind, low vision, family members and friends) are
welcome to come and check out our meetings and join if interested.

RSVP is important since seating is limited. Please contact us via email at
nfbevents at gmail.com or via phone by calling: 818-457-9449.

---Chase your dreams with your head held high --- by Gordon Chan

Racquel Decipeda

Alternate Email: racquelmd29 at gmail.com or nfbevents at gmail.com

Alternate Phone: 818-457-1482

Visit our NFBC San Fernando Valley chapter website at www.nfbcsfv.com