[Nfbc-info] local outreach and resource table outcomes

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Mon Jul 21 00:02:31 UTC 2014

Hello,

Yesterday three of us from the San Diego area participated in the local
Braille Institute's Summer Fest. We provided outreach and resources to
volunteers, sighted friends and family members and blind and visually
impaired B. I. students. We provided senior resource materials, diabetic
information and information about the NFBC and our next meeting. We have at
least two potential new members, four seniors who want to participate in the
monthly phone-in meetings and at least three individuals that want diabetic
information and support. Additionally, a local Department Rehabilitation
enthusiastically agreed to share our information with his clients. Finally,
one of the perspective members is a highly motivated ninth grader. She is
aspiring to study physics at Stanford or M. I. T. If you are a physicist
please contact me off line. All-in-all, we had an awesome day!

From,

Lisa

Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net