[Nfbc-info] June 2014 Bulletin

Mary Willows via Nfbc-info nfbc-info at nfbnet.org
Mon Jun 2 22:50:37 UTC 2014

whosit_small1Mary Willows, President

3934 Kern Court

Pleasanton, CA 94588

(925) 895-2778

mwillows at sbcglobal.net

June 1, 2014

Greetings Fellow Federationists,

The National Federation of the Blind has a new branding and here it is:
"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the
between blind people and our dreams.  You can live the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back."

whosit_small1
<https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.badgerboogie.co.uk/resource
s/dancers-silhouette-215-250.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.badgerboogie.co.uk/&do
cid=79TDpKaPMiW52M&tbnid=CeCKnVuJ5GE9lM&w=215&h=250&ei=GoPuUrvYI4LcoAS1w4KQB
g&ved=0CAUQxiAwAw&iact=c>
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5Oesj2dq30FHGwtk0EpEf
U6_Ib1OEzHw5AgKTDT5Ib-CdpM7doNfKEg Dance with Me for NFB!

The National Federation of the Blind

Riverside/San Bernardino Chapter Fund Raiser

When: Sunday June 8, 2014 (Adults only)

Where: Elks Riverside Lodge #643 6166 Brockton Ave., Riverside, CA 92506

Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Donation: $12.00 per ticket if purchased before event and $15.00 at the door
day of the event.

Contact Person: Pamela Chase

Cell 951-532-6525      Email  <mailto:pschase at ca.rr.com> pschase at ca.rr.com

About the Event: The afternoon promises to be fun! Swing dance to THE JIMMY
DRAPER BAND.  Drawings throughout the afternoon. Gifts included surprise
baskets, Assistive Technology, Vendor OVAC Inc. 50/50, and a $25.00 Best Buy
gift card and much more. Don't miss out! Come and have some fun!!!

DIRECTIONS: Please complete form below.  Make donations payable to the -NFB
Riverside/San Bernardino Chapter. Please give form and donation to a Chapter
Member or you can mail the form and donation to:

NFB Riverside San Bernardino Chapter

ATT. Pamela Chase

1865 Taylor Ave.

Corona, CA 92882

PLEASE PRINT

Full Name: ___________________________________

Address: ______________________________________

Phone: _______________________________________

Email Address:_________________________________

Name of person who told you about the event:

Spotlighting Seniors

On June 4, 2014 the National Federation of the Blind Senior Division is
holding a conference call to those interested in issues concerning our
seniors who are experiencing vision loss.  The topic this month is on tips
for cooking.

Call in number:  712-432-1500

Access code:  759-633#

River City Chapter Baseball Fundraiser

The River City chapter is teaming up with the Sacramento River Cats for two
great games of Baseball!  For every ticket sold the chapter will receive a
portion of the sales.  This is a great fundraiser for the chapter.  Please
distribute to all your friends, family and anyone who might be interested.

Game 1:

Tuesday June 10th

Game Starts @ 7:05 pm

Raley Field

Sacramento River Cats vs Omaha Storm Chasers

$1 Hot Dogs & $1 Desert

Game 2:

Saturday August 16th

Game Starts @ 7:05

Sacramento River Cats vs Oklahoma City Redhawks Post Game Fireworks

To purchase Tickets:

Go to www.rivercats.com/gamelink

Select River City Chapter of NFBC

Promo Code RCCNFBC

If you have any question please contact Tiffany Manosh, President of the
River City Chapter.  We look forward to seeing you all at the ball park for
two great games of baseball.

California Caucus

Every year, at the convention of the National Federation of the Blind,
Californians meet in a caucus.  The California delegation comes together to
update members on convention highlights as well as introducing new people to
the convention schedule, and key events.

This year the 2014 California Caucus will be held on Thursday, July 3 at the
Rosen Center Hotel in Orlando, Florida.  We will meet at 6 p.m. for about an
hour in room Salon 10 on the second floor of the hotel.  All in attendance
should bring their banquet ticket with your name written on the back.  We
will collect your ticket at that time so we can reserve tables at the
banquet next to each other.  This always makes the collective delegation an
entertaining evening.

Transportation in Orlando

Would you like to save some money on transportation to and from the Orlando
airport for the 2014 national convention?  If you use Paratransit services
in your city, this is possible. It costs only four dollars each way and your
PCA can ride free. First, you should contact your Paratransit services and
give them Orlando's Paratransit fax number. Fax number: 407-849-6759. Wait
approximately 30 minutes and then contact Orlando Paratransit customer
service @ 407-423-8747. At that time, they will issue you a temporary ID
number. Next call Orlando Paratransit customer service to book your ride up
to seven days prior to the day you arrive in Florida and the day you leave
Florida.

If you have any questions or need help setting this up, please contact
Rochelle Houston.

rhouston58 at gmail.com

323-754-9689 home

323 807-0300 cell

Catch our Dreams is Coming.  Save the date!

Catch Our Dreams is a fundraising auction for the National Federation of the
Blind of California to benefit the Education Programs of the Affiliate.

This is a friendly reminder about CATCH OUR DREAMS, Sunday August 3rd, 2014
in beautiful Fairfield, CA.

We have Catch Our Dreams tee shirts in gray and white, sizes large through
XXXL. Prices for these shirts is twenty dollars each.  To date, prizes
include: many different golf outings, day excursions in San Francisco, wine
tasting and tours, wine gifts, massage, rock climbing, raffle prizes, door
prizes.  So, Save The Date!

Sunday August 3rd, 2014

Noon until 4 o'clock

Courtyard by Marriott

1350 Holiday Lane, Fairfield, CA 94533.

For more information and hotel rates, please email
catchourdreams at comcast.net .

Thanks for Your Support!

Tell Your Story

The National Federation of the Blind is interested in gathering photos and
videos from members of the Federation that tell your personal stories, give
your reasons for involvement in the Federation, and/or show how you are
living the life you want as a blind person. These videos and pictures may be
used on our website, on our social media pages, in our publications, and in
other ways that help to spread our message. In order to facilitate this
sharing of photos and videos, we have implemented a new media upload webpage
on the National Federation of the Blind site. Images and videos are a great
way for us to inform the public about the National federation of the Blind
and about our lives as blind people. They help the public understand that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines us or our future. Please
visit www.nfb.org/media to learn how you can submit your videos and pictures
to us. We look forward to seeing all of the great content you will send our
way!

Please donate to Braille Enrichment for Learning & Literacy (BELL) by
sending your tax deductible donation to:

National Federation of the Blind of California (NFBC)

3934 Kern Court

Pleasanton, CA 94588

Thank you,

Mary Willows, President NFBC