[Nfbc-info] The Compass Cards of San Diego's Public Transportation

Lisa Irving via Nfbc-info nfbc-info at nfbnet.org
Sat May 24 23:11:41 UTC 2014

Hi Dennis and all others,

Yes Dennis, I agree that everyone needs to have his or her photo on their
bus pass card. I did go to the transit store and attempted to pay for the
required photograph. However, the letter from my eye doctor would not
suffice.  In San Diego, one must show a letter from Social Security or a
Medicare card, or have his/her doctor complete MTS paperwork. I learned the
subsidized cards are not based on income. The discount is based on what's
called "graded disabilities". The representative asked me why I didn't have
my Medicare card with me. Well, I don't carry my social security number with
me. How does your city handle subsidized cards?

Lisa