[Nfbc-info] PIC LINE

rcubfank at sbcglobal.net rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 18 07:38:21 UTC 2014

Hello all: I have a somewhat unique situation: I have another infection and I have been told by the doctors that I will have to have a PIC line for a possible year. For those of you who don’t know what a pick line is, it is an IV that is inserted in the upper arm and goes to the heart. I am currently taking IV antibiotics every day until the end of the month.

PIC lines need to be flushed every day so they don’t get blocked up. Has anyone on these listserves had a PICK line nad if so, has anyone figured out a way to flush their own PIC line? It has to be flushed with two solutions. heprin and normal saline. The problem is that there is no way to tell if there is any air in the seringes. If anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it. For anyone lilving in Socal, I would be willing to have them come to my home in Victorville and train me if there is a way for me to do this by myself.

Please either email or call me at the number below.

Thanks.

Rob Kaiser, President National Federation of the Blind of California Orange County Chapter cell#(760)792-0525 email;
rcubfank at sbcglobal.net