[Nfbc-info] San Diego Chapter seminar

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Wed Nov 19 07:59:06 UTC 2014

Hello,

Our chapter members came together this evening to enjoy and to participate
in a chapter strengthening seminar event. The seminar theme was "Turning
Your Dreams into Reality". Our featured speaker was, National Federation of
the Blind, First Vice President; Dr. Fred Schroeder. We also had a panel and
discussion. Here's what stands out about this evening.

  Tonight I saw hope, diamonds in the rough and mental wheels turning. I saw
one member step out of his comfort zone. I saw another member accept praise
for the autumn floral arrangements that he designed. Another member whose
health often leaves her homebound gave of her time by making baloney and
cheese sandwiches. One woman -soon to become a member, latched on to the
growing reality that she can become a blind business owner. A sighted guest
learned about hybrid cars and the Federation's legislative work in that
area. An agency representative stated that she learned a lot. Hmm. I wonder
what we'll do for a future seminar?

Warm regards,

Lisa Irving