[Nfbc-info] info. about the GRE

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 21 02:37:08 UTC 2014

Hello Lisa:
I hope the San Diego Chapter Information Seminar went well.  How did it go?

I started to study for the GRE about five years ago.  I went to the Graduate
Record Exam website to get all the information I needed.  There is a link
for test takers with disablilities.  I was able to get the study materials
from Recordings for the Bklind (Learning Ally).  Everything was avaiolable
on CD's or on line.  Plan on studying a lot.  The test content is only part
of the task.  Learning to use technology to study is also necessary.  I paid
a tutor to read the print materials to me.  I bought that book at Border's.
Good luck.

Mary

The National Federation of the blind knows that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams.
You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

National Federation of the Blind of California (NFBC)
3934 Kern Court
Pleasanton, CA 94588
925-462-8575

Thank you,