[Nfbc-info] letter from NFB -Buffalow, NY

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Fri Nov 21 20:22:12 UTC 2014

Thought I'd share this message with you

Thank you for contacting us.  We appreciate your concern.  The storm which
impacted the Western New York area was quite an event.  Some portions of the
area received 80 or more inches of snow over 3 days.  This was a very
strange storm as it stayed south of a line through south Buffalo and did not
move north.  As a result, anything from downtown Buffalo north received
about 6 inches and south of downtown is buried under feet of snow.  This
will only be compounded Monday and Tuesday when the temperature goes up to
60 and rainy.  The concern then becomes flooding and roof collapses.

I have been in contact with members of our Federation Family in those areas
and they assure me they are fine and waiting out the storm.  A former Mayor
of Buffalo gave the best advice during a storm years ago.  He said "get a
six pack and wait it out".

Thank you for your concern.

Mike Robinson

NFB of Buffalo President