[Nfbc-info] Convention

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Tue Oct 14 07:34:01 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am so glad you and other first-timers in CA's affiliate enjoyed the
convention. This was my third CA convention. I am an old fogy in some ways,
having joined the NFB back in 1975. I've been in several chapters and
several affiliates. It is such a neat thing that no matter where we go, the
NFB is there.

I really enjoyed our long bus ride. I love to ride around. It was a good
time to get to know others better. The convention was so interesting,
educational and fun! I tried to convince some who didn't attend much to join
in and participate.

Those robotics 2.6 kids were great!!! They may be influencing our young
members' futures.

Anil Lewis's banquet speech was great and if some missed that, they missed a
lot!

The iPhone session was informative and a total surprise to me was that I was
able to actually help a few people who were newbies. I've struggled for so
long with that piece of equipment that it was neat that I could finally be
of help to some who were where I once was.

I attended some sessions that I thought would not personally interest me but
I knew they would be of interest to others. I was, as usual, pleasantly
surprised to learn new things by being there anyway.

I didn't think I was going to be able to go to convention this year so this
one was really special to me. The only problem I had was feeling sad when I
couldn't afford to participate in the auction. I have a feeling I was not
the only one. We might want to mix in some $5-$10 items with the
higher-ticket items for bid so that everyone can participate. Auctions are
so much fun and raising money for our cause is important and fun!

Sorry to be so windy but I really want to convey my appreciation of this
year's convention, like all the others I've attended here and elsewhere. I
hope even more people can attend next year. Convention can be life-changing!

Thanks
Lauren

Blessings to you in the name of Jesus Christ "Then Peter said unto them
repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the
remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost," (Acts,
2:38.)