[Nfbc-info] FYI FW: Feedback Wanted for Updated DOR Core Values

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Thu Apr 2 02:14:44 UTC 2015

Best,

Michael Hingson

From: Xavier, Joe at DOR [mailto:Joe.Xavier at dor.ca.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2015 5:18 PM
To: Xavier, Joe at DOR
Subject: Feedback Wanted for Updated DOR Core Values

The core values of our Department form the foundation on which we perform
work and conduct ourselves.  Core values are not just the traits or
qualities we consider worthwhile, but they represent our highest priorities,
deeply held beliefs, and fundamental driving forces such as
<http://www.dor.ca.gov/Public/WIOA-Information.html> WIOA and our collective
goal of employing 20,000 consumers at $20/hour by the year 2020.

In my second year as Director, we reflected upon the five core values of the
Department of Rehabilitation to ensure they resonated with our employees,
our stakeholders, and the individuals with disabilities we are here to
serve.  A team of DOR staff evaluated our existing core values and suggested
language to renew and reinvigorate these tenets so central to our mission
here: employment, independence, and equality for all Californians with
disabilities.  We hope that you find our renewed values to be a strong and
modern representation of our vision and mission.

We would like your input to help shape these values to make them truly
representative of the Department of Rehabilitation.

Please take a few minutes to provide your feedback by responding to this
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KJ9GD8H> brief survey by April 30, 2015.

The updated core values are:

Excellence

We aspire to be effective and efficient through continuous improvement.

Integrity

We respect the public's trust through compassionate and responsible
provision of services.

Inclusion

We collaborate and partner with a broad range of stakeholders to inform our
decisions and actions.

Innovation

We invest in the future through creativity, ingenuity, and risk taking.

[Undefined. Please provide input on this value]

We believe in the talent and potential of individuals with disabilities.

Final core values should assume the following criteria:

1. Recognizes that we work with finite resources.

2. Achievable within the functions of government.

3. Represents the work of our whole organization.

4. Communicates a positive public service message.