[Nfbc-info] FYI FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Braille Book Fair at National Convention

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Thu Apr 9 15:56:14 UTC 2015

From: Nfbnet-members-list [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Krystal Guillory via Nfbnet-members-list
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 7:28 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Braille Book Fair at National Convention

Dear Federationist and Braille Book Fair Supporters,

Because some of you may run into trouble at the post office when trying to
send your items FREE MATTER FOR THE BLIND. Carlton Walker, President on the
NOPBC, has kindly put together some documentation to present to the post
office, should they question the validity of your package. Thank you for
your donations and contribution to braille literacy.

1. PDF scan Letter from me to the Postmaster (of "fill in the blank")
certifying the appropriateness of Free matter mailling to the Braille Book
Fair. Available at:Â
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlmc4zw4q584zpd/2015%20BBF%20Free%20Matter%20Lette
r.pdf?dl=0 Â (unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful in adding an alt tag
to this document).

2. Accessible Word file of my letter to postmasters. Available at:Â
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7qdbttj5fftpyu/Letter%20to%20Postmaster%20-%20for
%20Braille%20Book%20Fair.doc?dl=0 .

3. Publication 347 from the USPS. Available at:Â
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3ddn9ds5pucuir/Publication%20347.docx?dl=0 .

4. The federal law providing for Free Matter mailing, 39 U.S.C. sections
3403 ans 3404. Available at:Â
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnbe6mu35v0z4j3/Federal%20Law%20-%2039%20U.S.C.%20
sections%203403%20and%203404.docx?dl=0 .

5. Domestic Mail Manual Guidelines, from the NFB website. Available at:Â
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8qd9z1lc3c6u7i/Domestic%20Mail%20Manual%20Guideli
nes.docx?dl=0 .

Braille Rocks,
K. Guillory