[Nfbc-info] Computing Your Options: Computers 101 with LightHouse Connect

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Fri Feb 6 17:30:40 UTC 2015

"Forget about smart phones and tablets and apps, I'd just like to understand how to use my gosh-danged computer."

If you (or someone you know) has thought this even once, then we have a workshop for you. Come to our February 26th LightHouse Connect session to learn all about how to choose a computer and what a beginner needs to know to use one.

When: Thursday, February 26, from 3:00 until 5:00 p.m.
Where: LightHouse San Francisco Headquarters

Even as new technology continues to evolve, giving us a multitude of mobile tools to get and stay connected with each other and the Internet, the old school personal computer remains one of the most vital tools for success at work, in school and at play. Newer computer users can find it overwhelming to learn to use their computer and to realize the many different ways it can be used (i.e., email, correspondence, using the internet, skyping, just to name a few).

So join us at our second installment of the Lighthouse Connect Series as we examine the factors to be considered when choosing a computer system. We will discuss operating systems, assistive technology solutions and community support and how LightHouse can help you feel more comfortable with your computer. You'll also have a chance to talk with others in the group and share your experiences with technology.

To RSVP please call Beth Berenson at 415-694-7322 or email at bberenson at lighthouse-sf.org. Light refreshments will be provided.