[Nfbc-info] Ginnis World Record Instructions

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 4 04:29:47 UTC 2015

Hello All:

I would like to invite everyone to participate in a world record breaking
event.  On July 8 at 7:00 A.M. members and partners of the National
Federation of the Blind will organize the worlds largest umbrella mosaic in
Orlando, Florida.  The original record was set in Indonesia on a soccer
field where the word Phillips and a picture of a lightbulb was displayed.

Ours will reveal to the world our new branding and the words "You can live
the life you want".

It is imperative that we know in advance that we in fact have 3,000 people
to participate.  If you are planning to attend the convention of the
National Federation of the Blind in Orlando, Florida this summer, please
register to participate in the Ginnis World Record breaking event by going

www.nfb.org/gwr

When you register and provide your email address you will be given specific
instructions for the day of the event.

Let's make this seventy fifth anniversary convention a record breaker in
more ways than one.  Below, is some of the information which I received from
President Riccobono this evening.

**************

Gwr information:

Get the entire delegation to participate on the 8th at 7:00

There will be 2 colors.  You can keep it and purchase a certificate proving
participation.

Meet at the grand ballroom. Go out to parking lot where the people will be
lines of 47 in a grid pattern. Once in place you will be handed an umbrella.
They will explain how to open umbrella.  Then count down and hold up for 5
minutes.

\We will be notified immediately that we broke the record.  Of
2,999.Register at nfb.org/gwr

Instructions will be sent out to registered people.

The number has to be very controlled.  When you pass over a mat wearing a
wristband it will count the people.

It was going to be spelled out in braille but now print.

The plan is to take an hour to an hour and a half to accomplish the
adjudicator declaring that we broke the record.

A drone will pass over the crowd to get a picture of the message.The mosaic
will show our brand and the words "You can live the life you want".

See you in Orlando.

Mary Willows

The National Federation of the blind knows that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams.

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

National Federation of the Blind of California (NFBC)

3934 Kern Court

Pleasanton, CA 94588

925-462-8575

Thank you,