[Nfbc-info] more about our meeting with Congress woman Davis

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Sat Oct 3 04:29:38 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I would like to tell you a little more about our meeting with Congress woman
Davis. Before we met with Congress woman Susan Davis we were first invited
to meet with one of her local staff members. The staff member had
reservations about recommending that Congress woman Davis sign on with HR
188. Between last month's meeting and this afternoon's meeting Lyn and I did
some homework. We took the time to learn about some of the organizations who
oppose HR 188. I thought that we were more compelling because we dismantled
NYSRA's and ACCSES's points of opposition. We learned a little about the
Vermont Conversion Institute and what they're doing to help other
out-of-state agencies to eliminate the traditional sheltered workshop model
in favor of customized employment.

Lyn and I also learned something else this afternoon. According to Congress
woman Susan Davis, congress members see a lot of bills. They want to know
why the bill matters to their constituents. She and other congressional
members want to be asked to support such bills, including the TIME Act.

Please share your stories.

From,

Lisa Irving