[Nfbc-info] Canes forMexico

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 6 00:08:10 UTC 2015

Hello All:

I trust that all of you saw my message with an appeal for unwanted useable
canes for foreign countries.  I have now been contacted by an organization
also in Los Angeles asking for canes for blind people in Mexico.  So now
there will be two boxes in the registration area at the convention for your
donated canes.  Everytime you donate a cane for foreign countries, your name
will go into a drawing.  The drawing prize will be drawn at the banquet on
Saturday, October 31.  The Pathfinders Chapter members will take the boxes
back to Los Angeles on the bus and deliver them to these organizations after
the convention.

Please bring your old canes so that blind people in both Mexico and South
Africa can begin to learn independent travel skills.  This is a great way to
show that we live the life we want and others can do it too.

Sincerely,

Mary Willows

The National Federation of the blind knows that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams.

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

National Federation of the Blind of California (NFBC)

3934 Kern Court

Pleasanton, CA 94588

925-462-8575

Thank you,