[Nfbc-info] {Disarmed} Fw: We listened, now you can, too! - October eNews

Nancy Lynn freespirit.stl at att.net
Thu Oct 22 13:47:21 UTC 2015

National Braille Press

Live the life you want!

From: Brian MacDonald, NBP
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:02 AM
To: Nancy Lynn
Subject: We listened, now you can, too! - October eNews

      Having trouble? View this message on our website.

            Forward to a Friend | Donate | nbp.org
                  October 2015

                        We Listened, Now You Can!

                        NBP’s A Million Laughs for Literacy Gala will be audio streamed on Thursday, November 12, 2015 in partnership with ACB Radio! Can’t join us in Boston but want to be a part of this fun and inspiring evening?

                        Listen to it live! Rick Morin and Brian Charlson will be your hosts.

                        For fast and easy instructions on how to tune in, visit www.nbp.org.

                        Click on the “Listen Live to A Million Laughs for Literacy Gala” link or call the ACB radio line. To receive the ACB radio line number, or to get a reminder, please email mailto:galastreem at nbp.org

                        From Mt. Everest to the Grand Canyon to NBP's Gala

                        On May 25, 2001, Erik Weihenmayer became the only blind person to reach the summit of Mt. Everest. As word spread about Erik’s remarkable achievements, the world took notice; shortly after his summit of Everest, he was honored with a Time cover story detailing his conquest of the world’s highest peak.

                        That year, he was also the keynote speaker at NBP’s 2001 Ascent gala and will return again at this year's gala on November 12th as our featured speaker

                        Since we last saw Erik, he has become a celebrated and accomplished athlete despite losing his vision at the age of 13. A recent adventure, with blind fellow kayaker, Lonnie Bedwell, a Navy veteran, proved to be one of his toughest challenges since his 2001 summit of Mount Everest: kayaking the highly technical whitewater of the Grand Canyon. Read more about this epic journey.

                        Run to Read!

                        NBP is proud to have been selected by John Hancock as one of its 2016 Non-Profit Marathon Program charities. Through its generosity, John Hancock has given NBP two invitational entries into the world’s most famous race—the Boston Marathon! NBP is looking for two runners who will commit to raising $10,000 for braille literacy.

                        Team NBP members will receive:

                          a.. Official entry in the 2016 Boston Marathon
                          b.. NBP Race Singlet
                          c.. Personal fundraising webpage
                          d.. Marathon and Fundraising training & guidance
                          e.. NBP Swag
                          f.. And much more!
                        Contact Joe Quintanilla to learn more about this experience of a lifetime and give the gift of reading through your running!

                        Learn more about the John Hancock Non-Profit Marathon Program

                  Connect with NBP

                  Want your business card to stand out?

                  Braille it!

                  Precious Perez will be performing at this year's Gala!

                  Listen to a snippet of her song, "We Need Braille!"

                  Great Expectations

                  Bringing Picture Books to Life for Blind Kids

                  NBP has developed games, songs, and jokes to help making learning about color fun!

            Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Visit our web site

            National Braille Press. © 2013 All rights reserved.
            88 Saint Stephen Street Boston, MA 02115-4302