[Nfbc-info] Transportation Ooptions around the Oakland Airport

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 25 16:43:29 UTC 2015

Good morning, Miso:
I suggest that your first choice be the hotel shuttle.  Call the hotel when
you arrive.  Be sure to ask if it is available.  The hotel has a contract
with the airlines and their first loyalty is to pick up pilots and flight
attendants.  You may luck out and catch it if they are already at the
airport picking up attendees or airline people.

My second suggestion is to take BART. Bay Area Rapid Transit goes all the
way to the Oakland Airport now.  It is a hike to the train but it will only
cost about $5.00 to get to Fremont.

Once you arrive in Fremont, you can either exit the station to the parking
lot side and take a taxi or call for a "Lift" or "Uber".

I have alerted my old taxi driver (Mike) that there will be a lot of blind
people coming in on BART.  The taxi drivers in Fremont are very used to
picking up blind people.  If they see you coming toward them they will
usually say something to you.  It should cost $15.00 to go from BART to the
hotel.

Here is Mike's cellphone number:  (510) 299-8080.

Can't wait to see you in Newark.

-Mary Willows

The National Federation of the blind knows that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams.
You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

National Federation of the Blind of California (NFBC)
3934 Kern Court
Pleasanton, CA 94588
925-462-8575

Thank you,