[Nfbc-info] BARD is still down

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Fri Sep 4 00:42:31 UTC 2015

Again, this is not a BARD issue, apparently, but a problem relating to
overall technical upgrades, (is that what they call it?), for the Library of
Congress. Here is a news release I found on the main Library of Congress web
site, "Library Websites Experiencing Outages

The Architect of the Capitol conducted scheduled annual maintenance on the
Library's James Madison Building Saturday, Aug. 29. This maintenance
involved building-wide power outages, resulting in several public Library
websites being taken off line. Due to an equipment failure that occurred
during startup, some functions of our website are currently unavailable.

We regret the inconvenience to our users and are working to resolve the
problem as quickly as possible while maintaining the integrity of the
systems.

# # #" If you want to see the bulletin visit
http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2015/15-A03.html.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson