[Nfbc-info] FYI update about Pierson Testing

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Mon Feb 8 17:07:14 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am posting the following information in the capacity as the NFB Human
Services Division National Board Secretary. Those of you studying
psychology, social work, counseling and similar occupations may share my
interest in the following letter from the Human Services Division President,
Merry Schoch, LCSW.

Highest regards,

Lisa Irving Secretary

NFB Human Services Division National Board

Hi Everyone,

I spoke with Valerie Yingling this morning.  Pearson is in the restructuring
process and President Riccobono is expecting to meet with a new top executor
at our national convention.  Currently, the NFB and Pearson have a
collaborative relationship and Valerie sends them emails each month.  If any
of you know of anyone who is experiencing issues with any of Pearson's
products please let Valerie know.

My recommendation is for our division to table inviting Pearson and the
entities that own the professional practice and licensing exams until
national leaders are able to reestablish a relationship with Pearson.  My
hope is that our accessibility issues will no longer exist due to the
efforts of President Riccobono and our national leaders.  I, personally,
have great hope and am very confident resolution of our testing issues will
be resolved in the near future.

Says Merry Schoch, "If any of you have any feedback and/or questions please
feel free to contact me. "

With hope, love, and determination,

Merry Schoch, LCSW