[Nfbc-info] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] FW: National Federation of the Blind Applauds Transmission of Marrakesh Treaty for Ratification

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 11 00:31:19 UTC 2016

All our hard work is paying off.  Let's go California.  Keep up the good
work.

-Mary Willows

Behalf Of Kuhnke, Kristian via Nfbnet-members-list
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:26 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] FW: National Federation of the Blind Applauds
Transmission of Marrakesh Treaty for Ratification

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind

(410) 659-9314, extension 2330

(410) 262-1281 (Cell)

cdanielsen at nfb.org

National Federation of the Blind Applauds Transmission of Marrakesh Treaty
for Ratification

Urges Senate to Ratify Treaty to End Book Famine Immediately

Baltimore, Maryland (February 10, 2016): The National Federation of the
Blind today applauded President Obama's transmission of the Marrakesh Treaty
to Facilitate Access to Published Works for Persons Who Are Blind, Visually
Impaired or Otherwise Print Disabled to the United States Senate for
ratification, and urged the Senate to act immediately to ratify the treaty.

Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind, said:
"this crucial treaty will substantially ease the book famine that currently
limits education and opportunity for the blind of this nation and the world.
When it is fully in effect, it will give blind Americans the ability to
access books in Braille, audio, and other alternative formats from across
the globe, as well as provide more books to the blind of all nations. We
strongly urge the United States Senate to ratify it without delay."

The Marrakesh Treaty was officially proposed in 2009, successfully adopted
in June 2013 by the World Intellectual Property Organization, and signed by
the United States in October 2013. For more information on the treaty,
please visit https://nfb.org/marrakeshfactsheet.

###

blindness is not what holds you back.