[Nfbc-info] What's Love Got to Do With It?

Nancy Lynn freespirit.stl at att.net
Sat Feb 13 02:13:34 UTC 2016

I wrote this a few years ago after a serious case of meningitis. Valentine's
Day is coming up again, and I thought I'd share this again.
What's Love Got to Do With It?
with apologies to Tina Turner
'Tis the season for wine and roses and romantic nights on the town.
They
call it Valentine's Day, a day when Hallmark gets rich. Before you
accuse me
of sour grapes, I'll tell you that I'd love nothing more then for some
nice
romantic guy to treat me to a real old-fashioned Valentine's Day.
However,
as I said, what's love got to do with it?
I found out about love after being in the hospital for three weeks at
the
end of last year. I saw how many people came to my rescue and kept my
life
going when they weren't so sure I was coming back. One friend came to
see me
every night after work and then went home to inform the rest of the
world
about my condition. Another friend kept a music group running, just
waiting
for me to come back and take it over again. There were many people
around
the country and the world pulling for me and praying for my speedy
recovery.
Does all this buy me a fleeting night on the town? No, but it gives me
life that works and people I'm very proud to know.