[Nfbc-info] next deafblind group conference call

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Tue Jul 19 00:37:50 UTC 2016

Hello fellow Californians:

                It is National Convention, and you are among 2,500 of your
best friends. There is no better place to be, except that right now, every
one of them it seems is trying to get through the hotel lobby. Audible cues?
Which audible cues? They are all echoing, and seem to be coming from every
conceivable direction at once. But you persist. There is no way this hotel
is going to defeat you. You read the description of the hotel, and you
remember the layout from years past, so you grit your teeth, gather what
information you have, and keep going until. glory be! You find what you're
looking for!

                Oh the frustrations and triumphs of dealing with the duel
challenge that is vision and hearing loss. If you can relate to this
scenario, then the National Federation of the Blind's deafblind group just
might be the group for you. Come join us this Sunday for our monthly
teleconference, where we will put our heads together and devise strategies
for dealing with this and other interesting challenges we face in our
day-to-day lives.

When: Sunday, July 24 at 5 PM
Where: CABS conference line,
Dial in number: (712) 432-0385