[Nfbc-info] Employer tax incentives question

Charles Krugman ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 25 15:43:49 UTC 2016

I'm not aware of any tax incentives for hiring a person with a disability
specifically. In some areas there are tax incentives for hiring chronically
unemployed people or people who are receiving public assistance benefits or
veterans. There are some incentives in some localities that give the
employer a tax credit for hiring people that live in particular
neighborhoods or census tracts. The employer should probably check with
California EDD or their CPA to address this issue.
Chuck