[Nfbc-info] Starfish America

Nancy Lynn freespirit.stl at att.net
Sun May 1 17:59:48 UTC 2016

Greetings:
I am writing to remind you that At 10 AM ET on Tuesday, May 3rd,
Mark Riccobono, the president of the National Federation of the
Blind (NFB) and Anil Lewis, the executive director of NFB's
Jernigan Institute will be presenting on the Project Starfish
America platform.
Dial: (701) 801-1220
Meeting ID: 271-239-502
If you have any questions or need further information, feel free
to contact Nasreen at 1-781-262-0520.
Please join us -- and alert others to join us as well.
Thank you for your interest.
Best wishes,
Peter Altschul, Managing Director
Project Starfish America
Below is their recruitment flier.
PROJECT STARFISH AMERICA

If you have the skills and ambition, we have the opportunities!

Are

you interested in sharpening your job-related skills?

Perhaps you want to get back into the

workforce after being away for a while. Or perhaps you would like to supplement your formal

education with real-life work experience.

Project Starfish America is a global organization

of people with disabilities preparing for the workplace of the future. Our members support

each other to learn, earn, and generally become valuable contributors in this rapidly-

changing, decentralized economy as we assist large and small businesses in areas of talent

recruitment, lead generation, datamining, and customer service. Our client roster includes

Harvard University, Booz Allen Hamilton, Holisa (located in India), Enabled Employment

(located in Australia), and Clintra (located in the Philippines). Our 60 Minutes 2 Impact

program allows members to benefit from the skills, knowledge, and experience of leaders

from around the world.

Currently, we have over 30 members from the United States, Canada,

Australia, India, the Philippines, and the United Arab Emirates. Our skills range from

marketing and human resources to business development and research. We aim to solve the

crisis in which professionals with disabilities often find ourselves: "I need experience to

get a job, but can't get a job without experience." And during the past three years, we

have helped over 150 people who are blind find work with 70 businesses.

We are looking for

people with intermediate computer and customer service skills to help us grow our business.

Most importantly, however, we are looking for committed, ambitious people willing to work

hard and learn, with a great attitude, like YOU!

To learn more about us, please visit:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pstarfishglobal ?
Twitter:

@ProjectStarf1sh
and
@60Min2Impact

To apply, please send a resume and cover letter explaining

how you think you can help us and how we can best support you in sharpening your job-

related skills to Nasreen Bhutta, Project Starfish America's CEO, at hr at pstarfish.org

Questions? Please call Nasreen at (781) 262-0520

Join our team; become a part of a

disruptive movement!