[Nfbc-info] FYI FW: Expand Your Reading Horizons with NFB-NEWSLINE

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Wed Nov 23 16:29:46 UTC 2016

From: Scott White [mailto:swhite at nfb.Org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 5:07 AM
To: Michael Hingson <mike at michaelhingson.com>
Subject: Expand Your Reading Horizons with NFB-NEWSLINE

November 22, 2016

KNFB Reader wants you to make the print yours and expand your horizons. KNFB
Reader is a mobile app that reads print aloud. It's easy to use: take a
photo and the app reads the text aloud in clear synthetic speech. And it's
fast: the print will be yours almost instantly.

One new KNFB Reader user said, "I had a minor medical procedure yesterday
and upon discharge I was given a pile of papers which included my reported
results. For the first time in my life, I was able to read my report in
privacy and independently. If you are still wondering whether to buy this
app, all I can say is that for me it was a good investment. I can imagine
myself using the KNFB reader on a daily basis."

The app is fully accessible thanks to Voiceover, Google TalkBack, and app
functionalities that guide the blind user in independently taking the
perfect picture. The app can currently recognize text in nineteen different
languages and is compatible with connected Braille displays. To buy KNFB
Reader visit www.knfbreader.com <http://www.knfbreader.com>  or visit the
App Store or the Google Play Store.

It makes a great gift! Plus it's on sale 35% off (that's $64.99 USD) from
November 25-29!

NFB-NEWSLINE has expanded with a dozen new publications!

1. Athlon Sports (magazine) is the sports fan's better living playbook.
Athlon Sports and Life reaches loyal and engaged people looking for
must-have tools to better their busy lives.

2. Bon Appetit (magazine) focuses on what's current and stylish while still
giving readers valuable cooking tools and tips. Bon Appetit offers "life
through the lens of food" cooking in, dining out, culture, travel,
entertainment, shopping, and design.

3. Brides (magazine) is an in-depth resource for brides-to-be, with many
photographs and articles on wedding dresses, cakes, ceremonies, receptions,
and honeymoons.

4. Capital Gazette (Maryland) The Capital, the Maryland Gazette, and their
sister publications have been composed and printed for more than two hundred
and seventy years in numerous locations in and near Annapolis. The Capital
Gazette is an online publication comprising material from these newspapers.

5. Car and Driver (magazine) is an automotive enthusiast magazine. The
magazine is notable for its irreverent tone and habit of "telling it like it
is." Car and Driver publishes its top ten picks each year in its Car and
Driver 10 Best.

6. Consumer Reports (magazine) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to
unbiased product testing, consumer-oriented research, public education, and
advocacy. The magazine accepts no advertising, pays for all the products it
tests, and, as a nonprofit organization, has no shareholders

7. Discover (magazine) The latest news, theories, and developments in the
world of science; compelling stories and breakthroughs in health, medicine,
and the mind; environmental issues and their relevance to daily life;
cutting-edge technology and its impact on our future; thought-provoking
articles from award-winning editors, opinion makers, Nobel laureates, and
renegade scientists.

8. GQ (magazine) is the definitive men's magazine, with style advice and
tips, sexy women, entertainment and culture news, interviews, and more.

9. Information Week (magazine) is a digital magazine which conducts
corresponding face-to-face events, virtual events, and research.
InformationWeek.com encompasses nine technology and vertical communities:
Strategic CIO, Software, Cloud, Mobile, Big Data, Security, Infrastructure,
Government, and Healthcare.

10. MIT Tech Review (magazine) is the first to report on important new
technologies that will affect your organization, your career, and your life,
providing an intelligent, lucid, and authoritative filter for the
overwhelming flood of information about technology. Known for the TR35, an
annual list of the top thirty-five innovators in the world under the age of
thirty-five.

11. Prevention (magazine) is a healthy lifestyle magazine started in 1950
and one of the largest circulating magazines in the country. The range of
subjects includes food, nutrition, workouts, beauty, and cooking.

12. Spry Living (magazine) is a resource for common-sense health, wellness,
and lifestyle advice and inspiring real-life success stories.

We hope you will take advantage of these two great opportunities to expand
your horizons.

Your NFB-NEWSLINE Team