[Nfbc-info] Banquet is sold out

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 16 01:36:34 UTC 2016

Hello All:

I want to let everyone know that the 2016 convention of the National
Federation of the Blind of California is going to be our biggest and best in
many years.  We have sold out the banquet.  There are no more tickets for
the banquet on next Saturday night.  In the eight years that I have been
president I have never had to say that.  You can still pre-register for the
convention, purchase a ticket for the dance on Friday night and the Diabetes
Action Network luncheon on Saturday afternoon.  Go to our website at

www.nfbcal.org to find the pre-registration form.  You will not be able to
celect "banquet" as one of the event activities.  If I am able to work out
something with the hotel for space after the dinner so that people can hear
the keynote address by Dr. Maurer and the presentation of scholarships, as
well as, the celebration of Geraldine Croom's life, I will let everyone know
ASAP.

This is one of those growing pains that make convention banquets a challenge
but it is actually really wonderful news.

Gratefully yours,

Mary Willows

The National Federation of the blind knows that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams.

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

National Federation of the Blind of California (NFBC)

3934 Kern Court

Pleasanton, CA 94588

925-462-8575

Thank you,