[Nfbc-info] Research study announcement

Karen Arcos karcos1 at uci.edu
Mon Aug 7 15:26:26 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

Hope this email finds you well.

My name is Karen Arcos. I am a Ph.D. student in the Visual Perception
and Neuroimaging Lab at the University of California, Irvine and am
totally blind.

Would you like to participate in a research study to understand how
memory ability varies among blind and sighted individuals? This work
has implications for understanding how to better educate students who
are blind, as well as for designing products they can use more
effectively. Please see below and attached for more information if
interested.

Eligibility. May be either sighted or legally blind. Must be between
18-50 years old.

You are ineligible if you have any additional neurological or
developmental disabilities other than visual impairment or a recent
history of illicit drug use.

Time Commitment: Between 1.5-2 hours total

Where: Mutually agreed upon location. This may be at the University of
California Irvine campus, schools, or organizations for visually
impaired individuals

Contact Information
Karen Arcos, Lead Researcher
E-mail: karcos1 at uci.edu
Phone: (949) 824-8378

Thank you in advance,

Karen Arcos

University of California, Irvine
Ph.D. student
School of Social Sciences, Department of Cognitive Science
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow, 2015 cohort
2020 cohort
B.A., University of Southern California (2015)
E-mail: karcos1 at uci.edu