[Nfbc-info] Fwd: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] An Invitation from the NFB Sports and Rec Division

EverHairston ever.hairston at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 11:53:54 UTC 2017

Ever Lee Hairston, President
H: 323 654.2975
C: 323 252.9188
ever.hairston at gmail.com

You Can Live The Life You Want

Begin forwarded message:

From: "President, National Federation of the Blind via State-Affiliate-Leadership-List" <state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: January 16, 2017 at 7:29:16 PM PST
To: "State Affiliate Leadership (state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org)" <state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
Cc: "President, National Federation of the Blind" <OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org>, "Jessica Beecham \(Jessica at wefitwellness.com\)" <Jessica at wefitwellness.com>
Subject: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] An Invitation from the NFB Sports and Rec Division

Dear Colleagues:

The below message comes from Jessica Beecham, President of the NFB Sports and Recreation Division. The area of sports and recreation is an interesting way to bring people to the Federation and to engage existing members (not to mention the value of health and wellness). I understand that some Presidents might be reluctant to jump into a “division” right now and I agree with that sentiment. However, do not let Jessica’s enthusiasm mislead you, she is working to build our organization. I urge you to give consideration to whether you might leverage our sports and recreation expertise to bring new people to your affiliate and inspire existing members. I am now headed back to my training for the NFB 6 Dot Dash!

Sincerely,
Mark Riccobono

Dear Affiliate Presidents

Happy New Year from the NFB Sports and Recreation Division! We are ready to kick off 2017 with a bang and we need your help! In an effort to bring greater health and wellness to the National Federation of the Blind, we want to help you develop a Sports and Recreation Division in your state! How do you know if this is an opportunity that is right for your affiliate?

·       Are you interested in finding a new and exciting way to build your affiliate membership?
·       Do you want a division which can offer your members a great way to get involved in advocacy and social opportunities?
·       Is there someone in your affiliate who has a passion for Sports and Recreation who could spearhead this endeavor?

If you think that a Sports and Recreation is a good addition for your affiliate, please appoint a representative to join our division building call on January 22 at 5PM Pacific, 6PM Mountain, 7PM Central, 8PM Eastern. The call in number is 712-432-1500 access code 1082284.

Please send the name, email address, and phone number of the representative from your affiliate to jessica at wefitwellness.com so that we will be able to easily send them information that will make starting a sports and recreation division a piece of very healthy cake. If you already have a sports and recreation division in your state but they are not currently receiving correspondence from the National Sports and Recreation division, please send along information for the best contact person.

We look forward to working with you to build a healthy, fit, and fun Federation in 2017!

Best Wishes

Jessica Beecham
President
National Federation of the Blind Sports and Recreation Division