[Nfbc-info] FYI FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Some stats on the NAGDU Guide & Service Dog Advocacy App

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Thu Jan 26 03:48:22 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBNet-Members-List [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of NAGDU President via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:27 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Some stats on the NAGDU Guide & Service Dog
Advocacy App

Dear All,

                 As many of you know, one of our most innovative programs
supporting the civil rights of service dog users is our Mobile app.
This mobile app contains the text of the implementing regulations of the
Americans with Disabilities Act concerning service dogs, the entire text of
each state law ensuring the rights of service dog users in that state,
specific guidance for industries of particular concern to service dog
handlers, e.g., restaurants, hotels, taxicabs, and healthcare facilities,
and information about the National Association of Guide Dog Users and the
National Federation of the Blind. This app also provides users the
opportunity to connect directly through the app with the NAGDU Information &
Advocacy Hotline, as well as send an email message for more information.
This app is provided free of charge as a public service by the National
Association of Guide Dog Users.

This app was launched in September 2015. By December 31, 2015, the app had
been downloaded
1,069 times. We get a weekly update of our app downloads and, on average,
the app is downloaded about 20 times per week. During the week of January 9
- 15, the app was downloaded 35 times and during the week of January 16 - 22
it was downloaded 14 times. According to our analytics, as of January 22,
the NAGDU Guide & Service Dog Mobil App has been downloaded 3,324 times.

                 If you have not downloaded this invaluable tool, you can do
so by searching "NAGDU" IN THE APP STORE. We are currently updating the
state law section of the app, adding Canadian laws, developing new dynamic
features, such as a "share" button and utilizing GPS technology that will
bring the laws of the state you are in as your first result, placing the app
in the Canadian app store, and developing the app for other platforms. Watch
for updates to the app in future email messages!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU) National Federation of
the Blind
(813) 626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams.
You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds you back.