[Nfbc-info] {Disarmed} Speaking Out for the Blind Internet-Only announcement

nancy Lynn seabreeze.stl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:57:14 UTC 2017

I got this from another list and am passing it along to support Lori.
Former guest Laurie Rubin has asked me to share with you all the following message. It will also posted on speakingoutfortheblind.weebly.com. Just click on List of Episodes and Show News.

Hi Brian!

How are you?  The reason I’m writing to you is that thanks to you, I found out about an opportunity to apply for the Holman Prize for Blind Ambition, a $25,000 award given to a blind person from anywhere in the world to get his or her dream project off the ground.  The first step of the application process is to create a 90 second pitch video on Youtube which describes our ideas in a nutshell for how we would use the money if we won.  Then, we are asked to share it with our networks because the video that has the most likes on Youtube will automatically be reserved a place in the final round.

I am wondering if you would please watch the video and hit the like button on Youtube.  You can also feel free to share this with your networks as well.  When I was a junior in college, I had a bit of a soul searching moment in which I felt that music in itself wasn’t enough to fulfill me because I didn’t know if it would help me give back and contribute to the community the way I really wanted to.  This project would fulfill my passion for music, and my other, equally near and dear passion to help youth who are going through many of the harrowing experiences I went through in middle school which in many cases, has devastating results.  Here is the pitch video with more details.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezdv6LIkqjs

Thank you so much for your support.  The deadline to get likes on youtube is the 15th, so we have one more full day to spread the news like wild fire, and get people to press the like button and to share this video!  I hope that this is the catalyst for putting us back in touch as I’d love to hear about your latest news!  Take good care and talk soon.

Best,
Laurie Rubin