[Nfbc-info] "Family Feud" game study guide

Joy Stigile joystigile at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 05:40:54 UTC 2017

Hello NFBC Membership,

On Friday night during our 2017 State Convention there will be a "Family
Feud Game" for each chapter to participate in.  The teams will consist of 5
chapter members or a group of 5 friends from the NFBC.  I would like all
chapters to shine by scoring well!  So, below is some information to study.

What are somethings that the NFB can help you improve on?

Your independence

Braille skills

Self-respect

Self confidence

Self determination

In what ways does the NFB improve the lives of blind people?

Advocacy

Education

Research

Technology.

What is the goal of the NFB?

The NFB goal is to integrate blindness into society on the bases of

Equality

What does BELL stand for?

Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning.

> What month and year was the NFB formed?

November 1940

Name the 3 former and the current National Presidents?

Former presidents

Jacobus TenBroek

Kenneth Jernigan

Mark Mauer

Current president

Mark Riccobono

Where is the NFB Headquarters located?

Baltimore, Maryland

What are the 6 core values of the federation?

Honesty

Loyalty

Courage

Duty and Responsibility

Justice

Strength

What was the first 7 states to join the NFB?

California

Illinois

Minnesota

Ohio

Missouri

Pennsylvania

Wisconsin

Name five NFB contribution funds?

Pac Plan

Sun Fund

Imagination Fund

Jernigan Fund

White Cane Fund

Jacobus TenBroek Fund

Scholarship Fund

Can you name any five State Affiliate presidents?

Scott LaBarre, Colorado

Joy Harris, Alabama

Denise Vakima, Florida

Pam Allen, Louisiana

Sharon Maneki, Maryland

Ever Lee Hairston, California

Name five NFB Divisions?

 Seniors

Parents of Blind Children

Blind Lawyers

Blind Merchants

Blind Veterans

National Association of Blind Students

Sports and Recreation

Performing Arts

Computer Science

National Association of Guide Dog Users

Diabetes Action Network

Deaf Blind

Assistive Technology Trainers

Human Services

Crafters Corner

What month is"Meet The Blind Month"?

 October

When is "White Cane Safety Day"?

October 15

What are the three cities that the NFB Training Centers are located in?

Minneapolis, MN

Ruston, LA

Denver, CO

Name seven current Board Members of the NFBC Board of Directors?

 Charlotte Carroll

Carla Scroggins

Carmen Weatherly

Jim Barber

Tim Elder

Karen Steele

Jana Littrell

Name 5 Publications of the National Federation of the Blind?

Braille Monitor

Future Reflections

Kernel Books

Walking Alone And Marching Together

Voice of the Nations Blind

How many National Scholarships are awarded each year to promising college
students at National Convention?

30

Name five pieces of technology used by a blind person?

JAWS

Braille Note

Braille Sense

Braille Display

Apple IPhone

Victor Reader Stream

Book Sense

What does the acronym JAWS stand for?

Java Access With Speech

There are several pieces of legislation that helped promote equality

for blind individuals. Name five?

Mandating Access to Non-Visual Voting Machines

Non-Visual access with Point of Sale Machines

Access to Non-Visual Ticket Machines for Metrolink Service

White Cane Law

Americans with Disabilities Act

Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act

Who can recite the NFB Pledge?

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National

Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security

for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation;

and to abide by its constitution.

Who can recite the NFB brand?

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create

obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life

you want, blindness is not what holds you back.

What is the PAC Plan?

The Pre-Authorized Check Plan is a way for members to make a direct

automatic monthly contribution to the organization.

Who is our NFBC State President and a National Board Member?

Ever Lee Hairston

Who is our NFBC First Vice President?

Bryan Bashin

Who is our NFBC Second Vice President?

Robert Stigile

Who is our NFBC Secretary?

Shannon Dillon

Who is our NFBC Treasurer?

Rochelle Houston

How many NFBC Chapters are in the State of California?

11 Chapters

Name five NFBC Chapters?

Inland Empire

San Fernando Valley

Pathfinders

Riverside/San Bernardino

River City

San Diego

Escondido

San Joaquin Valley

At Large

San Francisco

Shasta/ Cascade

Name five NFBC Chapter Presidents?

Robert Stigile

Cheryl Thurston

Rochelle Houston

Lisa Irving

Tiffany Manosh

Carmen Weatherly

Yvette Lee

Ken Volente

Christina Daniels

Debby Worstman

Allison Depner

What months does the NFBC hold their State Convention?

> Between October and November

What month is the National Convention?

> July

What five items would you take to a National or State Convention?

Note taker

Slate and Stylus

Clothes/Shoes

White Cane

Suitcase

Guide Dog

Money

Cell Phone

Credit Card

Medication

Airline/Bus/Train ticket

Valid State Issued ID Card

Passport

Convention and Hotel Registration

Backpack

Purse/Wallet

Toiletries

Watch.

> What two Grants does the Nfbc give out most years?

> Wilbur Radcliff Grant

> NFBC Grant

Wilbur Radcliff Grant - This grant is for First Timers Convention

Attendee's. The NFBC Board will select a certain number of recipients

to attend the National or State Convention under this grant.

NFBC Grant - This grant is to assist those who have attended a

convention before and need a little help getting to the National

> Convention or State Convention. The NFBC Board will select a certain

number of recipients to assist them with attending the National

> Convention or State convention.

How many NFBC members are selected to attend the Washington Seminar?

16 members

How many State Affiliates are apart of the NFB?

50 States

Name two Affiliates outside of the United States?

District of Columbia

Puerto Rico

How many NFB members do we have?

Currently more than 50,000 members nationwide