[Nfbc-info] Need Some Recommendations

Joy Stigile joystigile at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 00:23:03 UTC 2017

Hi Chela,
There is no such title as "tax preparer" to work with blind tax payers".
Next year pick a licensed tax accountant that is close to either where you
work or live.

If you are receiving SSI all tax accountants already know that it is a
"non-taxable" income.  If you are receiving SSDI a small portion is taxable
after you have earned a certain dollar amount in one year.  It goes up each
year.  All accountants take continuing education classes each year that the
IRS mandates for them to be licensed.

Since you will be working less than 8 weeks in 2017, I am sure you will not
be paying any taxes next April.  I would suggest calling your local H and R
Block office or University because they may be able to help you out this
first year for a very reduced rate.

Best regards, Joy