[Nfbc-info] 63rd Annual NFB Colorado Convention

Scott C. Labarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Thu Oct 26 13:41:07 UTC 2017

Greetings everyone, I invite you to participate in the 63rd Annual
Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado occurring
this weekend.  We will stream general sessions and the Banquet.  The first
session starts tomorrow at 11:00 am Mountain time.  The link for our
streaming  is:

http://cent6.directhostingcenter.com:2199/tunein/eomuiimi.pls

I have pasted  below our agenda.  Additionally, if you still want a crack at
Amazing Colorado Raffle tickets with prizes of $2500, $1000, and $500,
online sales are closed but we can take phone orders.  Send me an email at
slabarre at labarrelaw.com <mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>  or call me on my
cell 303 520-3584, or text me at that same number.      I will make sure
someone calls you and has the equipment to process your card.  We draw those
tickets Saturday evening about 8:00 pm Mountain time and you need not be
present to win.

Cheers,

Scott

AGENDA

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

63rd Annual State Convention

October 26 - October 29, 2017

Fort Collins Hilton

425 West Prospect Road

Fort Collins, CO 80526

Colorado State Ballroom Salons II & III

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT!

Scott C. LaBarre, President

2233 W. Shepperd Avenue

Littleton, CO 80120

303-778-1130

NFB PLEDGE

  I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the

  National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality,

  opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the

  policies and programs of the Federation and to abide

  by its constitution.

NFB MESSAGE

  The National Federation of the Blind knows that

  blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or

  your future. Every day we raise the expectations of

  blind people, because low expectations create

  obstacles between blind people and their dreams.

  You can live the life you want; blindness is not what

  holds you back.

TRIBUTE TO OUR SPONSORS

We extend our sincerest gratitude to our Title Sponsor;

Colorado Center for the Blind.

Since 1988, the CCB has been changing what it means to be blind one life at
a time.  The Center has provided world class blindness training to students
from all over the world.  Contact Julie Deden, Executive Director,
<mailto:jdeden at cocenter.org> jdeden at cocenter.org, 303-778-1130.  Also visit
<http://www.cocenter.org/> www.cocenter.org for more information.

WE ALSO THANK OUR TITANIUM, GOLD AND SILVER SPONSORS:

Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Titanium Sponsor

Audio Information Network of Colorado, Gold Sponsor

Charter Communications, Gold Sponsor

LaBarre Law Offices, P.C., Gold Sponsor

WE Fit Wellness, Gold Sponsor

Colorado Civil Rights Education and Enforcement Center, Silver Sponsor

GENERAL CONFERENCE INFORMATION

REGISTRATION:

Colorado State Ballroom Foyer Salons II & III

Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Registration Fee:                                   $25.00

Friday Luncheon:                                   $30.00

Saturday Lunch:                                    $30.00

Saturday Banquet:                                 $45.00

CHILDCARE INFORMATION:

Please contact childcare coordinator, Rebekah Felix,

719-306-5151 to make arrangements.

Childcare will be held in Hospitality Suite #232.

Friday:  Childcare will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Parents must provide meals for their children.

Saturday:  Childcare will be open from 8:30 a.m. to

4:30 p.m.  Parents must provide lunch for their children.

Childcare will re-open at 6:30 p.m. and close at 10:00 p.m.

Sunday:  Childcare will be open from 8:45 a.m. to Noon.

DOG RELIEF AREA INFORMATION:

>From the last automatic door on the West side entrance to the hotel go 23
feet (straight ahead) and on the left/South and the right/North are two
mulch areas for dog relief. On the left on the rock pillar are "poopy
pouches" on a dispenser attached about 5 feet up on the West side. On the
left and right are also two outdoor trash receptacles. The one with a 3 foot
hole is for recyclables and the one with the 8 inch hole is for trash/waste.
The mulch to the right extends to the wall on the outside pool deck and on
the left the mulch extends out to the 10 foot round gazebo.

DOOR PRIZES:

Julie Deden serves as our Door Prize Chairwoman.  Door Prizes will be drawn
in general Convention session and you must be present to win.  Please bring
your prizes to Julie prior to the beginning of general sessions.

RECYCLING LANYARDS AND NAME BADGE HOLDERS

If you do not care to keep your Convention lanyard and name badge holder, do
please drop them off on the registration table at the ballroom entry as
Convention winds down.  We will be able to use them for future Conventions.

EXHIBITS:

Exhibits will be open in the Hilton Atrium throughout the entire Convention
at the discretion of the individual exhibitor and primarily when there
aren't competing Convention activities. The times listed below are
definitely scheduled and it is likely that exhibits will also be open during
breakout sessions, especially on Friday.

Friday 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

Please stop to visit the following exhibitors and sponsors:

AIRA Tech, Exhibitor

AKB Visions for NanoPac, Inc., Exhibitor

Ambron Products, Exhibitor

Audio Information Network of Colorado, Gold Sponsor

BAUM USA, Exhibitor

Blind Tech Training, Exhibitor

Charter Communications, Gold Sponsor

Colorado Business Enterprise Program, Exhibitor

Colorado Civil Rights Education and Enforcement Center, Silver Sponsor

Guide Dogs for the Blind, Exhibitor

Guiding Eyes for the Blind, Exhibitor

HumanWare, Exhibitor

LaBarre Law Offices, P.C., Gold Sponsor

MagniSight, Inc., Exhibitor

No Barriers: Leading the Way, Exhibitor

University of Maine, Exhibitor

US Association of Blind Athletes, Exhibitor

Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Titanium Sponsor

WE Fit Wellness, Gold Sponsor

Special thanks to Learning Ally for their support of this year's convention.

Note:  This year we will again be conducting a door prize drawing for all
those who can prove that they have visited at least twelve exhibitors.  You
will be given a sheet to which exhibitors will affix a sticker.  When your
sheet has twelve stickers return it to Lorinda Riddle and it will be placed
in a drawing for a nice prize.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 26, 2017

1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

FIND YOUR TALENT: PATHWAY TO POSSIBILITIES

        Salons I & V

1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Welcome, review schedule and overview of the path that led to this seminar

Master of Ceremony team: Kevan Worley and Julia Zanon

2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Career Pathways, Sector Partnerships, Talent Found, Competencies assessment
and what employers need

Presenters Jeff Sidders and Renise Walker

Built in time for Q and A

3:00 p.m.

BREAK

3:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

TWO TRACKS

Track I:  EXPANDING YOUR TALENT POOL

(for employers, WFC staff, educators, job placement vendors)

The theme of this track is Blindness Awareness

Presenters Julie Deden and Laverne Dell

Track II: MAKING THE MOST OF MY TALENT

(for job seekers)

Special guests Ryan Mehaffey and Ethan Hollinger from Blind Institute of
Technology

The theme is resources, strategies, brainstorming careers

Presenters Jeff Sidders and Monique Melton

THURSDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 26, 2017

5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

NETWORKING PATHWAYS

NETWORKING RECEPTION

        Salon II

Enjoy hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar while networking with your Federation
colleagues and those participating in the employment seminar.

7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

NFBCO MOVIE NIGHT

        Salons I & V

We will screen the new hour long documentary,

"Do You Dream in Color?"

You are invited to share the story of four blind teenagers as they struggle
to navigate the low expectations they confront in school and society. Connor
wants to be a sponsored skateboarder. Sarah wants to travel the world. Nick
dreams of being a rock star. Carina wants to be the first member of her
family to graduate high school.

For their work on this project, filmmakers Sarah Ivy and Abigail Fuller
received a $15,000 Jacob Bolotin award at the 2017 National Federation of
the Blind Convention for outstanding contributions toward achieving the full
integration of the blind into society on the basis of equality. We will hold
an informative discussion after the movie has concluded. Popcorn and a cash
bar will be available at this picture show.

FRIDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 27, 2017

8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

REGISTRATION

                Colorado State Ballroom Foyer Salons II & III

Pick up your pre-registration packets and register for door prize drawings.
If you didn't register in advance, Convention Registration is $25.00, Friday
Luncheon $30.00, Saturday Luncheon $30.00, and Banquet $45.00.

8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS SHOWCASE

Hilton Atrium

Peruse this year's selection of Convention Sponsors and Exhibitors and find
out what is new in technology, products, and services.  In particular, we
want to salute our Title Sponsor, Colorado Center for the Blind.

8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.

        RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE

                Salon I

        Brent Batron and Dan Burke, Co-chairmen

8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

NFB OF COLORADO KID CORRAL

Hospitality Suite #232

Bekah Felix, Corral Leader

This is our NFB of Colorado Childcare and it's not just babysitting.  Bekah
has planned a number of activities to keep the kiddos busy.  Although there
is no charge for Corral, we ask that you register your children for the
Convention.  Donations to NFBCO are welcome to help defray the expenses.
Kids in childcare will be eligible to receive door prizes through their
parents if their names are called.  Also, parents are responsible for
providing the children with meals, except for the banquet when pizza will be
provided to the kiddos.  Snacks will be available throughout.

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION I

Colorado State Ballroom Salons II & III

11:00 a.m.

WELCOME, LOGISTICS, AND OPENING CEREMONIES

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado; Cerridwyn
Nordstrom, President, Fort Collins Chapter, NFB Colorado, Fort Collins,
Colorado; Cathy Jackson, Member, NFB Board of Directors, President, NFB
Kentucky, Louisville, Kentucky; Alexander LaBarre and Emily LaBarre,
Centennial, Colorado; Michelle (Showe) Trela, Treasurer, NFB Denver,
Centennial, Colorado

11:15 a.m.

SERVING THE BLIND AND LOW VISION IN NORTHERN COLORADO

Denny Moyer, CEO/President, Ensight Skills Center Inc. for Visual
Rehabilitation and Curtis Strong Center for the Visually Impaired, Fort
Collins, Colorado

11:30 a.m.

REACHING NEW HEIGHTS AND ACHIEVING TRUE SUCCESS AT THE BLINDNESS AND LOW
VISION UNIT

Steve Anton, Director, Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation,
Denver, Colorado; Julia Zanon, Manager, Blindness and Low Vision Unit,
Denver, Colorado

12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.

LUNCHEON: Commenced, Served, and Consumed

Jessica Beecham, Mistress of Ceremonies, Secretary, NFB Colorado, Colorado
Springs, Colorado

12:30 p.m.

PRESENTING THE 2017 NFBCO SCHOLARSHIP CLASS

Jessica Beecham, Chair, NFBCO Scholarship Committee, Colorado Springs,
Colorado

Pipi Adams

Englewood, Colorado

Nutrition Therapy Institute, Denver

Personal Chef with an emphasis on Holistic Nutrition

Dora Lopez

Greeley, Colorado.

University of Northern Colorado, Greeley

Rehabilitation Counseling

Tabea Meyer

Littleton, Colorado

University of Denver

Masters in Social Work

Ashley Neybert

Greeley, Colorado

University of Northern Colorado, Greeley

Masters of Chemistry

Maureen Nietfeld

Littleton, Colorado
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Human Nutrition and Dietetics

12:40 p.m.

WHAT'S UP AT THE COLORADO TALKING BOOK LIBRARY

Debbi MacLeod, Director, Colorado Talking Book Library, Denver, Colorado

12:55 p.m.

AIN'T IT GREAT?

A Report from Audio Information of Colorado

David Dawson, Executive Director, AINC, Boulder, Colorado

1:10 p.m.

LEADING DISABILITY RIGHTS ATTORNEY AND EMERGING POLITICAL FORCE

Carrie Ann Lucas, Executive Director and Founder, Disabled Parents Rights,
Candidate, Windsor Town Board, Windsor, Colorado

1:25 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION FOR EDUCATION AND REHABILITATION OF THE BLIND AND
VISUALLY IMPAIRED: What's the Latest

Brent Batron, President, CAER, Centennial, Colorado

1:35 p.m.

HOW WE ARE CHANGING ACADEMIC LEARNING FOR THE BLIND AND LIVING THE LIVES WE
WANT

Darick R. Williamson NOMC, NCRTB Instructor Louisiana Tech
University/Louisiana Center for the Blind

1:45 p.m.  ADJOURN

FRIDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 27, 2017

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

TACTILE GRAPHICS SEMINAR

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. - Session 1

                Salon I

Julie Deden, Ann Cunningham and others

This seminar is about tactile literacy, the idea that through the sense of
touch blind children and adults can experience art, maps, graphs and other
objects that can open up the world around them.  In this hands-on seminar we
will explore ways to develop tactile literacy and integrate it into the
classroom and the world beyond.

TACTILE GRAPHICS SEMINAR

3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Session 2

        Salon I

ACCESSING SCIENCE'S FULL INTEGRATION FOR BLIND STUDENTS

Ashley Neybert, Graduate student in Chemistry University of Northern
Colorado and Daniel Burke, College Preparation Instructor, Colorado Center
for the Blind

Participants will learn about technology and alternative techniques that
blind scientists use in a number of scientific fields. We will have hands on
demonstrations.

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

2017 NFBCO TECHNOLOGY SEMINAR

        Salon V

Chip Johnson, Technology Instructor, CCB

Join us for the technology seminar and learn about what's new in iOS 11.
We'll also discuss apps you can use to read printed material and identify
products with your smart phone. Finally, we'll give participants an
opportunity to ask technology-related questions and discuss new apps and the
latest assistive technology.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        SENIOR DIVISION ANNUAL MEETING:

        Live the Life You Want As a Senior

                Rams Room

Diane McGeorge, President

NFBCO Senior Division

We have a lot planned for our Friday meeting. We will be discussing Senior
living options in the Fort Collins area as well as throughout the state,
where you can obtain mobility training from a certified instructor in the
use of a white cane and the use of a guide dog. We will also discuss the
importance of good brain health and understanding how the brain works as we
age.

The old saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" is absolutely not
true. Our speakers are dynamic well informed professionals. Bring your ideas
to share with seniors throughout our state. We want to see you there.

Elections will be held.  Dues are $5.

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

BLIND PARENTS DIVISION

                Aggie Room, 2nd Floor

Nate Trela, President, Englewood, Colorado

Nate Trela, Englewood, Colorado; Cathy Jackson, Louisville, Kentucky; Dan
Burke, Littleton, Colorado; Nathan Hecker, Grand Junction, Colorado

Come in to talk about the rights of blind parents, how the NFB is protecting
them, being an active grandparent, raising school-aged kids and the
adjustment to parenting after becoming blind. Join today and vote in our
election.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        DROP-IN ART ROOM

                Research Room, 2nd Floor

Free for All! Come and get creative. Play with clay or have fun making a
tactile drawing, cut, paste and color! Be sure to check out the American
Action Fund's wonderful new Tactile Art Kit.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

            GUIDE DOG LOUNGE

                        Vet Medicine Room, 2nd Floor

Considering a guide dog? Want to go for a test drive? Drop by the Guide Dog
Lounge! Bring your questions

and mingle with experienced users as well as staff from various training
programs. Nail trimming also available for $1 donation to COAGDU.

3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

COLORADO PARENTS OF BLIND CHILDREN

            Aggie Room, 2nd Floor

NETWORKING INCREASES YOUR CHILD'S NET WORTH

Parents will have the chance to share ideas and

experiences with one another.  We will also have a

panel of blind adults who will share the experiences that

shaped them into successful blind adults.

We want to assist you in understanding the

importance of setting high expectations for your child,

both in the classroom and at home.  Help your child

achieve age appropriate goals as they prepare for their

future, no matter what their age.

FRIDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 27, 2017

7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

        NOMINATING COMMITTEE

                Natural Resources Room, 2nd Floor

        Julie Deden, Chairperson

(Note: This is the only closed meeting of the Convention.  Only appointed
representatives

from chapters and divisions are permitted to

be in attendance.)

7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

FRIDAY FUN: GAMES AND ADVENTURES!

        Salons II and III

Get ready for Friday night fun with our chapters and divisions. Whether you
are looking for an exciting adventure or a fun evening socializing with
friends, there is something for everyone. Hang on for a wild ride on the
mechanical bull, compete with friends on the bungee run, knock down pins in
the human bowling, and enjoy board games. Don't forget to place your bet for
the annual NFBCO Sports and Rec horse race!

A cash bar will be available throughout the evening.

SATURDAY MORNING OCTOBER 28, 2017

8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

REGISTRATION

Colorado State Ballroom Foyer Salons II & III

8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS EXCLUSIVE

SHOWCASE

Hilton Atrium

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION II

Colorado State Ballroom Salons II & III

9:00 a.m.

GOOD MORNING AND THE DAY'S LOGISTICS

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

9:05 a.m.

LIVING THE LIVES WE WANT THROUGHOUT AMERICA AND THE WORLD: A National Report

Cathy Jackson, Member, NFB Board of Directors, President, NFB Kentucky,
Louisville, Kentucky

9:35 a.m.

MY FIFTY-TWO YEARS IN THE FEDERATION: Reflections on an Amazing Journey

James Gashel, Secretary, NFB Board of Directors,

Avon, Colorado

10:00 a.m.

TRANSFORMING OUR DREAMS INTO REALITY HERE IN COLORADO: A Presidential Report

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

10:30 a.m.

LIVING THE LIFE I WANT AND REALIZING MY FULL POTENTIAL WHILE CONQUERING SOME
OF THE WORLD'S MOST DIFFICULT CHALLENGE ACTIVITIES

Jessica Beecham, Secretary, NFB Colorado, Program Director, WE Fit Wellness,
Colorado Springs, Colorado

10:55 a.m.

BREAK

11:10 a.m.

RINGING THE BELL CLEARLY AND LOUDLY IN COLORADO

Michelle Chacon, Director, NFB Colorado BELL Academies, Las Cruces, New
Mexico

11:30 a.m.

GETTING OLDER AND GOING BLIND DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO STOP LIVING THE LIVES
WE WANT: A Report from Our Senior Program

Diane McGeorge, President, NFB Colorado, Senior Division, Littleton
Colorado; Duncan Larsen, Director of Senior Programs, Colorado Center for
the Blind, Littleton, Colorado

12:00 p.m.

A NEW TOOL IN THE TOOL BOX: AIRA, WHAT IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?

Kevan Worley, Board Member, NFB Colorado, CEO, Worley Enterprises, Colorado
Springs, Colorado

12:10 p.m.

TWENTY-NINE YEARS OF LIVING THE LIVES WE WANT AT THE COLORADO CENTER FOR THE
BLIND

Julie Deden, First Vice President, NFB Colorado, Executive Director, CCB,
Centennial, Colorado

12:45 p.m.

MY BLINDNESS MYSELF

Three Federationists will share their inspiring stories about their
blindness and the Federation's role in allowing them to live the lives they
want.

1:30 p.m.

BREAKING UP IS SO EASY TO DO

Grab your boxed lunch and head toward our afternoon seminars.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 28, 2017

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF GUIDE DOG USERS

               Salon I

Melissa, Green, President, COAGDU

Greeley, Colorado

Colorado association of guide dog users annual business meeting, seminar,
and fun match. If you are a guide dog handler or are thinking about a guide
dog, join us! We don't bite. Learn tips and tricks, discuss grooming and
health, and take part in our first fun match. Guide dog handler teams will
go through their paces in a number of performance categories in front of
judges from leading guide dog schools.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION FOR EDUCATION AND REHABILITATION OF THE BLIND AND
VISUALLY IMPAIRED: Discovering Structured Discovery

                Salon V

        Brent Batron, President, CAER, Centennial, Colorado

Session I - 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

CAER invites you to attend a seminar on structured

discovery cane travel. The first part is all about the

basics in the way in which NFB Centers teach cane

travel. This session will integrate non-traditional

teaching into the traditional teaching model.

Session II - 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

In this session participants will receive a more in-depth

experience as you will travel outside of the hotel into

the surrounding area. CAER is proud to partner with

the NFB of Colorado to expand the knowledge base of

CAER members. Professionals will receive professional

development hours through ACVREP.

The cost for this seminar is separate from convention registration.  For
CAER members the cost is $10 and $20 for non-members.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF BLIND STUDENTS BUSINESS MEETING

        Rams Room

Anna Givens, President, CABS

Denver, Colorado

We gladly welcome students, teachers, parents, or anyone interested in the
well-being of blind high school and college students. We'll be teaching you
how to advocate for yourself at school and in your life through hearing
experiences of others and doing some fun activities. We want to see how we
can help throughout the year. This is an excellent place to meet, socialize,
and network with other blind students and mentors.

$5 registration.

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

SPORTS AND RECREATION DIVISION MEETING

        Aggie Room, 2nd Floor

Maureen Nietfeld, President, Sports and Recreation Division, Littleton,
Colorado

Come join the sports and recreation division to share your journey with
wellness and exercise! Whether you are an avid runner or just getting
started, we want to hear from you. Participate in a lively open discussion
around advocacy in the gym and help us outline our goals for 2018. We hope
to see you there!!

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        DROP-IN ART ROOM

                Research Room, 2nd Floor

Free for All! Come and get creative. Play with clay or have fun making a
tactile drawing, cut, paste and color! Be sure to check out the American
Action Fund's wonderful new Tactile Art Kit.

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

NON-24 CIRCADIAN RHYTHM DISORDER EDUCATION PROGRAM

                Natural Resources Room, 2nd Floor

Sponsored by Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.

Come learn more about a debilitating disorder called Non-24 from our nurse
educator expert - Shauna Jatho. Non-24 is a serious, chronic circadian
rhythm disorder that is very common in people who are totally blind. Non-24
causes nighttime sleep problems and a wide range of daytime difficulties,
including an overwhelming urge to sleep during the day affecting the ability
to do everyday tasks.

Vanda Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the
development and commercialization of innovative therapies to address high
unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients.

3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF BLIND MERCHANTS

                        Vet Medicine Room, 2nd Floor

Bradly Basta, President

Colorado Association of Blind Merchants

Golden, Colorado

We will be discussing the ways in which we can strengthen and grow our BEP
program and other entrepreneurs in Colorado, and many topics pertaining to
this.

SATURDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 28, 2017

6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

        PRE-BANQUET RECEPTION

Colorado State Ballroom Salons II & III

Let's get tuned up for our Annual Banquet with a cash bar and socializing
with one another.

7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

        ANNUAL BANQUET

Master of Ceremonies

Kevan Worley, Board Member, NFBCO

Colorado Springs, Colorado

KEYNOTE ADDRESS

Cathy Jackson, Member, NFB Board of Directors; President, NFB of Kentucky

NFB OF COLORADO SCHOLARSHIP    PRESENTATIONS

Jessica Beecham, Chairperson, Committee on Scholarships

Colorado Springs, Colorado

AWARDS AND OTHER SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS

Scott C. LaBarre, President

NFB of Colorado

ANNUAL FUNDRAISING AUCTION

Maryann Migliorelli, NFB of Colorado Auction Chairperson

        PAC IT UP!

        Monique Melton, NFB of Colorado PAC Chairperson

       NFB OF COLORADO AMAZING RAFFLE DRAWING

SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 29, 2017

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION III

Colorado State Ballroom Salons II & III

8:00 a.m.

NFB COLORADO ANNUAL CHAPTER AND DIVISION BREAKFAST

Julie Deden, Mistress of Ceremonies, First Vice President, NFB Colorado and
Executive Director, CCB, Centennial, Colorado

We will dine on a scrumptious breakfast and hear reports from all chapters
and divisions of the NFB of Colorado. We will also be honored to hear a
report from Kathryn Webster, President, of the National Association of Blind
Students.

9:25 a.m.

LAST GENERAL SESSION

Brent Batron, Facilitator, Second Vice President, NFB Colorado, Centennial,
Colorado

9:30 a.m.

PROTECTING AND ADVANCING THE RIGHT OF THE BLIND TO PARENT

Carla McQuillan, Member, NFB Board of Directors, President, NFB Oregon,
Eugene, Oregon; Nate Trela, President, NFB Colorado Blind Parents Division,
Centennial, Colorado

9:50 a.m.

THE BRAND NEW NFB APP

Rachel Olivero (remote appearance), Director of NFB Organizational
Technology, Baltimore, Maryland

10:05 a.m.

THE LATEST AND GREATEST IN NFB NEWSLINER

Chip Johnson, NFBCO NewslineR Coordinator, Englewood, Colorado

10:20 a.m.

NFB COLORADO BUSINESS SESSION

We will take up resolutions, conduct elections for our Board of Directors,
review our financial report, and facilitate the Honor Roll Call of Chapters
and Divisions.

11:47 a.m.

ADJOURN