[Nfbc-info] Cal-ABLE Launch

Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Mon Dec 3 05:51:20 UTC 2018

Hello All:

Please find below a link to the website that provides information about
California's CAL-ABLE Accounts. There's a Cal-ABLE launch in Los Angeles on
Wed. Dec. 19th, and at the Ed Roberts Campus in Berkley the day before.

The Director of DOR sits on the Board so the blind community does have some
representation on the Board.

I opened an ABLE Account in late 2017 in Nevada. There have been periodic
access issues. All-in-all, it's been a smart move on my part. I urge you to
learn about the ABLE program and how you can maintain benefits and protect
your income.

Lisa Irving

https://www.calable.org/news