[Nfbc-info] Washington Seminar Delegates

president at nfbcal.org president at nfbcal.org
Mon Dec 10 20:24:35 UTC 2018

Dear Federationists,

We have a fabulous delegation of members confirmed to travel to Washington
D.C. in January.  They will represent our coordinated legislative
priorities.  I'm inviting all members who can commit to the below
responsibilities to consider joining the delegation in Washington DC.  I've
paid my way to attend the Washington Seminar for the last several years
because the value and remarkable opportunity that this level of civic
participation represents is like no other.  I encourage you to consider
doing the same if you are able.  There are very economical ways to make the
travel happen on a budget with a bit of creativity and tenacity.  If you are
still interested in joining the delegation in Washington D.C. to visit with
our elected officials and can commit to the following training and
coordination activities, then please reach out to me, President at nfbcal.org
<mailto:President at nfbcal.org> , to discuss how you might get involved.

.             Non-grantee delegation members should be able to commit to at
least one full day of team appointments on Tuesday, January 29, Wednesday,
January 30 or Thursday, January 31.  Every effort will be made to include
you in appointments with the senators and the representative from your
district.

.             Delegation members must be available to attend the training
workshops and Great Gathering meeting at the Holiday Inn Capitol all day on
Monday, January 28.

.             All delegation members must be able to attend a few scheduled
conference calls on select week nights to discuss coordination efforts.

We work hard as a team to represent our great state in Washington.  We also
have a lot of fun doing it.  We welcome everyone to join us in this fun and
rewarding work.  If you are not able to join us  this year, please consider
applying for a travel grant next year or planning your schedule and budget
to join us in Washington D.C in 2020.

Finally, you can do a lot to help our efforts even without traveling to
Washington D.C.  All elected officials have local offices that hear from
constituents.  Please consider visiting your local offices during the
Washington Seminar week (January 28-31) in coordination with our legislative
priorities and calling in support of our agenda.  This can make for a
wonderful local chapter activity.  I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know
my Congressman, Eric Swalwell.  I hope you will get to know the officials
that work for you as well.

Regards,

Tim Elder

President